ANDALUSIA, Ala. (WSFA) – The Covington Veterans Basis is internet hosting the Vietnam Touring Memorial Wall throughout its five-day cease in Andalusia.
Engraved with the names of greater than 58,000 fallen women and men, the Vietnam Wall is 493 toes, 6 inches with a top of 10 toes. The Wall can be staffed by volunteers 24 hours a day till closing ceremonies.
Officers say small flags are already up they usually symbolize the 1,208 Alabamians who died in Vietnam.
Schedule of occasions centered round The Wall:
- The Wall arrived within the metropolis Wednesday morning and was staged from the Covington County Monitor and Subject Facility on Freeway 55 South.
- It will likely be erected close to the Covington Veterans Memorial Wednesday afternoon.
- Mates of Military Aviation could have an UH-1H helicopter on show between Andalusia Metropolis Corridor and Springdale from 10 a.m. till 3 p.m.
- A gap ceremony is deliberate on the Covington Veterans Memorial.
- Gates open for July Jamz AT 5:30 p.m.
- The Three Notch Ramblers will carry out music from the Vietnam Period at 6 p.m.
- A efficiency by Lee Greenwood will comply with at 7 p.m.
- Fireworks at 9 p.m.
- The Mates of Military Aviation will supply rides in Vietnam-era UH-1H “Huey” helicopters from Packer Subject, positioned on Snowden Drive behind McDonald’s and The Greatest Western – 10 a.m. till 3 p.m.
- Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 607 of Montgomery, could have a Lacking Man Ceremony in Metropolis Corridor Auditorium at 2 p.m.
- The US Of America Vietnam Struggle Commemoration
Jimmie W. Spencer, Command Sergeant Main, USA, Retired
Andalusia Metropolis Corridor Auditorium – 2:30 p.m.
- Closing Ceremony – 5 p.m.
The Vietnam Touring Memorial Wall, a three-fifths sized reproduction of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, is positioned in Washington D.C.’s Structure Park.
Copyright 2022 WSFA 12 Information. All rights reserved.