* Ukraine’s operational nuclear energy crops are operating safely and there was no “destruction” on the remaining waste and different services at Chernobyl, the U.N. nuclear watchdog mentioned on Thursday, citing Ukraine’s nuclear regulator.
* The Kremlin on Friday famous Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy’s willingness to debate a potential neutrality pledge by Ukraine, however mentioned it couldn’t say something about potential talks between the 2 nations’ leaders.
* Ukraine desires peace and is prepared for talks with Russia, together with on impartial standing concerning NATO, Ukrainian presidential advisor Mykhailo Podolyak instructed Reuters on Friday.
* The US, Britain, Canada, the EU, Australia, Japan and others unveiled sanctions in opposition to Russia, concentrating on banks, army exports and members of Putin’s internal circle.
* Russia will impose retaliatory sanctions on Western nations on the idea of reciprocity, the Kremlin mentioned on Friday. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov mentioned sanctions would trigger issues for Russia however they might be solvable, because it had lowered its dependence on international imports.
* Gasoline flows to Greece proceed easily and there’s no disruption a day after Russia launched a army operation in Ukraine, Greek Power Minister Kostas Skrekas mentioned on Friday.
* US Federal Reserve officers on Thursday started taking inventory of how the unfolding battle in Ukraine would possibly affect the economic system and their deliberate shift to tighter financial coverage, with traders and a few officers suggesting it may sluggish however possible not cease a deliberate spherical of rate of interest will increase.
* Negotiations on new guidelines for coping with pandemics started on the World Well being Group on Thursday, with a goal date of Could 2024 for a treaty to be adopted by the U.N. well being company’s 194 member nations.
* China on Friday reported the very best day by day depend of COVID-19 circumstances arriving from outdoors the mainland in almost two years, with infections principally from Hong Kong territory because the monetary hub grapples with a wave of infections.
* British shopper confidence suffered its greatest month-on-month drop in February because the begin of the pandemic, as folks anxious about fast-rising inflation, larger taxes and rates of interest going up, a survey confirmed.
* A 3-week lengthy protest in Canada in opposition to pandemic measures that snarled commerce and shuttered Ottawa’s core possible price billions in commerce delays, tens of thousands and thousands in misplaced gross sales for companies, and left behind a hefty policing and clean-up tab.
* The European Union’s well being regulator on Thursday backed giving a booster shot of Pfizer and BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine to adolescents aged 12 and over, in addition to the expanded use of Moderna’s shot in kids aged 6 to 11.
* Medicago’s vaccine on Thursday grew to become the world’s first plant-based shot accredited in opposition to COVID-19 after Well being Canada cleared it to be used in adults.
* Iraq has briefly shut down its West Qurna 2 oilfield for upkeep till March 2 on the earliest, a state oil official with information of the sector’s operations mentioned on Friday.
* Clashes between Afghan and Pakistani safety forces have killed two folks and wounded a number of in a border area of the 2 neighbours, officers mentioned, the newest in a collection of such skirmishes.