* Italian outgoing Prime Minister Mario Draghi on Friday outlined a sequence of directives for members of his authorities to comply with within the wake of his resignation.
* Russia and Ukraine individually signed a deal in Istanbul Friday with Türkiye and the United Nations to renew grain shipments from Ukrainian ports to worldwide markets through the Black Sea.
* Russian International Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday known as for efforts to successfully implement the agreements on transporting Ukrainian grain from the Black Sea ports and on selling Russian exports of meals and fertilizers.
* The European Union (EU) on Friday launched 4 new infringement procedures towards Britain for not implementing the Northern Eire Protocol.
* Russian President Vladimir Putin and Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko pledged on Friday to persistently strengthen the 2 international locations’ partnership and alliance.
* China will make nice efforts to consolidate its financial restoration, placing a precedence on stabilising employment and costs, state media reported.
* A gauge of worldwide shares edged increased on Friday, poised for a sixth straight day of features, whereas the greenback dipped towards a basket of main currencies following mushy information on US enterprise exercise.
* Canadian dwelling costs are dropping quick after surging in the course of the pandemic, however that’s providing little aid for customers who face sky-rocketing rents and fading shopping for energy as rates of interest rise.
* Russia’s central financial institution selected Friday to chop the important thing rate of interest by 150 foundation factors to eight p.c each year, the fifth discount in a row since April.
* Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador stated on Friday that he was assured inflation management measures taken by his administration will decelerate value rises within the nation.
* Pakistan’s 33.5 billion USD exterior financing wants are absolutely met for monetary 12 months 2022/23, the central financial institution chief stated on Saturday, including that “unwarranted” market considerations about its monetary place will dissipate in weeks.
* The United Nations has allotted 1 million USD to assist 340,000 individuals in areas affected by Rift Valley Fever in Burundi, a UN spokesman stated on Friday.
* World Well being Group head Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stated on Saturday he needed to act as a tie-breaker to resolve a disagreement on whether or not to declare the Monkeypox outbreak a world well being emergency.
* China reported 1,011 new coronavirus circumstances for July 21, of which 175 had been symptomatic and 836 had been asymptomatic, the Nationwide Well being Fee stated on Friday.
* US President Joe Biden’s signs from COVID-19 signs have improved, his physician stated on Friday, sooner or later after Biden examined constructive for the virus as a extremely contagious subvariant drove a brand new wave of circumstances in the US.
* India on Saturday recorded over 21,000 recent circumstances of COVID-19 for the third straight day, officers stated. In response to well being ministry information launched on Saturday morning, 21,411 new circumstances of COVID-19 had been reported in the course of the previous 24 hours, taking the overall tally to 43,868,476 within the nation.
* The primary mountain border go between Chile and Argentina reopened this week after a heavy snowfall within the Andes compelled it to shutter for about two weeks, stranding 1000’s of vehicles.
* An experimental COVID-19 vaccine within the type of an oral pill has proven promising immune responses in a small preliminary trial designed primarily to judge its security, in line with drug producer Vaxart Inc.
* Armed clashes erupted on Saturday on the outskirts of the Libyan metropolis of Misrata between rival factions close to the junction of the principle coastal freeway resulting in Tripoli.
* A minimum of 18 individuals had been killed in flash floods attributable to heavy rains in Iran’s southern province of Fars, state media stated on Saturday.
* Residents had been evacuated on Saturday as a wildfire which began in mountainous forests within the japanese Aegean island of Lesbos threatened properties on the seashore resort of Vatera.
* India’s western state of Maharashtra has seen a rising pattern in swine flu an infection with seven deaths and 142 circumstances reported thus far this 12 months, officers stated on Friday.
* Pakistan’s polio rely for the 12 months has risen to 13 with one case reported on Friday because the South Asian nation appears to include a illness principally eradicated elsewhere, officers stated