* Chinese language international ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin mentioned on Monday that every one sides ought to stay calm and keep away from additional escalation, after Russian President Vladimir Putin put his nation’s nuclear deterrent on excessive alert.
* Arab League (AL) Secretary-Normal Ahmed Aboul-Gheit on Monday referred to as for restoring dialogue and searching for to settle the Russian-Ukrainian battle by way of diplomatic methods to keep away from escalations and increasing the world of tensions, the AL mentioned in an announcement.
* Iran mentioned on Monday efforts to revive a 2015 nuclear deal might succeed if the US took a political choice to fulfill Tehran’s calls for, as months of negotiations enter what one Iranian diplomat referred to as a “now or by no means” stage.
* Crude oil jumped whereas the rouble plunged practically 30% to a recent report low after new sanctions have been imposed, together with blocking some banks from the SWIFT worldwide funds system.
* Italy’s international minister is visiting Algeria with the pinnacle of vitality group Eni ENI.MI to debate vitality cooperation in gentle of the Ukraine disaster, the ministry mentioned on Monday.
* The United Arab Emirates, the Center East tourism and business hub, over the weekend ended a requirement to put on face masks outdoor and compulsory quarantine for COVID-19 contact circumstances.
* Thailand’s financial system improved in February after a reasonable slowdown the earlier month, owing to an easing of curbs and a resumption of a quarantine waiver for international vacationers, the central financial institution mentioned.
* Asian refining margins for 10 ppm gasoil slipped as uncooked materials crude costs saved surging, whereas merchants have been involved greater pump costs would possibly weigh on near-term demand at the same time as COVID-19 restrictions ease additional.
* Turkey’s financial system bounced again from the pandemic to develop 11% final yr, its highest price in a decade, however economists see a pointy slowdown this yr as inflation surges following the lira’s crash and with the Ukraine disaster set to hit tourism.
* Italy will obtain a primary fee of 21 billion euros (23.53 billion USD) from the “Subsequent Technology EU” fund to assist states compensate the affect of the pandemic, EU Fee head Ursula von der Leyen mentioned.
* OPEC Secretary Normal Mohammad Barkindo mentioned on Monday it will be a tragedy if Africa’s oil and gasoline assets turned stranded belongings due to the worldwide drive in direction of decarbonisation, and that any discuss of halting investments within the area was misguided.
* The bottom provide within the worldwide tender from Egypt’s state commodities purchaser GASC to purchase wheat on Monday was believed to be 389.92 USD a tonne FOB for wheat sourced from France, merchants mentioned in preliminary assessments.
* The Republic of Korea will quickly raise a requirement for vaccine passes or detrimental COVID-19 exams at a lot of companies to ease the pressure on testing centres because the nation faces a wave of Omicron infections.
* Australian retail gross sales have been surprisingly sturdy in January as customers weathered a surge in Omicron circumstances with aplomb, suggesting the financial system maintained appreciable momentum into the brand new yr.