* Russia expects no decisive breakthrough from Monday’s talks between Russian President Vladimir Putin and his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron, however expects that Macron will suggest methods to ease tensions in Europe, the Kremlin mentioned.
* Moscow and London are discussing a attainable go to by Britian’s overseas minister Liz Truss to Moscow on Feb. 10, the RIA information company quoted Russia’s overseas ministry as saying on Monday, amid diplomatic efforts to resolve a disaster round Ukraine.
* German Chancellor Olaf Scholz will meet French President Emmanuel Macron and Polish President Andrzej Duda in Berlin on Tuesday, a German authorities spokesperson mentioned on Monday.
* Oblique talks in Vienna between Iran and the US on reviving the 2015 Iran nuclear deal will resume on Tuesday, the European Union, which is coordinating the talks, confirmed on Monday.
* Azerbaijan has launched eight Armenian prisoners in an effort to facilitate new talks with France and the European Union on the border battle between the 2 nations, mentioned French President Emmanuel Macron and European Council President Charles Michel.
* Italy expects the worth of permits on the European Union’s carbon market to common round 80 euros (91 USD) per tonne this 12 months in comparison with 69 euros within the fourth quarter of 2021, a doc introduced to parliament and seen by Reuters confirmed.
* The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics Organising Committee mentioned on Monday that 24 new COVID-19 circumstances have been detected amongst games-related personnel on Feb. 6.
* India has given regulatory approval to Russia’s one-shot Sputnik Gentle COVID-19 vaccine, the Russian Direct Funding Fund mentioned.
* Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson on Sunday declared a state of emergency to assist cope with an unprecedented 10-day occupation by protesting truckers that has shut down a lot of the core of the Canadian capital.
* Britain reported 54,095 COVID-19 circumstances and 75 deaths in its every day official information on Sunday, with the seven-day determine for each falling in contrast with the week earlier than.
* Mexico’s well being ministry on Sunday reported 10,234 new confirmed circumstances of COVID-19 and 129 extra deaths, bringing the entire variety of infections within the nation for the reason that pandemic started to five,151,525 and the dying toll to 309,546.
* Australia will absolutely reopen its borders to all vaccinated visa holders from Feb. 21, Prime Minister Scott Morrison mentioned on Monday, almost two years after he shut the border to non-citizens to gradual the unfold of the brand new coronavirus.
* Spain will subsequent week elevate a requirement for folks to put on masks open air, extending a wider rollback of restrictions as contagion slowly recedes within the nation.
* Turkey recorded 111,157 new COVID-19 infections within the final 24 hours, its highest every day determine of the pandemic, whereas the every day dying toll was its highest in 4 months, well being ministry information confirmed.