* Visiting Chinese language State Councilor and Overseas Minister Wang Yi mentioned in Suva on Monday that China is prepared to make higher efforts to advance the great strategic partnership with the Pacific island international locations in a long-term, steady method to profit the folks of the Pacific area.
* India plans to scale back energy era from least 81 coal-fired utilities over the subsequent 4 years, the federal energy ministry mentioned in a letter, in an effort to switch costly thermal era with cheaper inexperienced vitality sources.
* European leaders, who will convene in Brussels on Monday and Tuesday for an EU summit, is not going to resolve on imposing a cap on fuel costs however might mandate the Fee to review the difficulty, the European Commissioner for Financial system mentioned.
* Russia raised oil manufacturing barely to 10.17 million barrels per day (bpd) between Could 1 and 29, TASS information company reported on Monday, nonetheless leaving output practically 1 million bpd under ranges earlier than the West imposed sanctions on Moscow.
* Russia’s Gazprom GAZP.MM has resumed delivery pure fuel to Turkey after finishing deliberate upkeep on the undersea Blue Stream fuel pipeline, the Interfax information company reported on Monday.
* The Sri Lankan authorities will launch a fast renewable vitality era plan from June, with a view to overcome the continued vitality disaster because the nation faces frequent energy outages as a result of scarcity of gasoline, native media reported on Monday.
* The authorities in Cyprus reported on Monday a current surge of refugees, with three boatloads of clandestine migrants arriving on the nation’s shores inside a couple of hours in a single day.
* Analysts with the Austrian Institute of Financial Analysis (WIFO) have raised the nation’s inflation forecast for this yr from 5.8 % to six.5 % over the continued vitality crunch.
* Streets in Beijing have been busier on Monday as residents in two districts have been allowed to return to work, whereas Shanghai inched nearer in the direction of lifting its two-month-old COVID-19 lockdown this week, because the variety of circumstances throughout China fell.
* Asian shares tracked Wall Road greater on Monday, whereas the greenback was pinned close to five-week lows as buyers wagered on an eventual slowdown in US financial tightening, albeit after sharp hikes in June and July.
* Sweden’s economic system slowed sharply within the first quarter of the yr, knowledge from the Statistics Workplace confirmed, confirming that the lingering results of the pandemic and battle in Ukraine have put the brakes on progress.
* The World Well being Group (WHO) doesn’t imagine the monkeypox outbreak exterior Africa will result in a pandemic, an official mentioned on Monday, including it stays unclear if contaminated people who find themselves not displaying signs can transmit the illness.
* China’s customs authorities have made efforts to forestall the import of the monkeypox virus by means of ports whereas the nation is striving to battle in opposition to the COVID-19 epidemic, the Common Administration of Customs (GAC) mentioned on Monday.
* The United Arab Emirates recorded three extra circumstances of monkeypox, the well being ministry mentioned on Monday, practically per week after saying the Gulf state’s first case of the virus.
* Nigeria has confirmed 21 circumstances of monkeypox for the reason that begin of the yr with one dying reported, the Nigeria Centre for Illness Management (NCDC) mentioned late on Sunday.