Hadlee Simons / Android Authority
Vanced was arguably the most well-liked third-party YouTube app in the marketplace, however a authorized risk from Google resulted within the app being discontinued a number of days in the past. The developer stated that Vanced ought to proceed to work for roughly two years or so, however we’re guessing that Google may make adjustments to YouTube to hurry up its demise.
In any occasion, we posted a ballot in our information story asking whether or not readers would subscribe to YouTube Premium now that Vanced is gone. Right here’s how that survey went.
Will you subscribe to YT Premium now that Vanced is gone?
The ballot attracted over 9,500 votes since being posted on Monday, and it seems that the overwhelming majority of respondents (~93%) gained’t be subscribing to YouTube Premium now that Vanced is discontinued.
It’s simple to know this sentiment, as many Vanced customers probably downloaded the app to get some Premium perks totally free to start with (e.g. ad-free playback, background listening). And with a number of various third-party apps on the market, we’re guessing many Vanced customers will discover these choices first. It additionally doesn’t assist that Google had a serious hand in shutting down Vanced as nicely, presumably so it may direct individuals to YouTube Premium.
In the meantime, a mere ~7% of respondents say they’ll be subscribing to YouTube Premium now that Vanced is discontinued. YouTube Premium does have an upside of making use of to all of your gadgets, whereas Vanced is for Android gadgets solely. So it is smart to discover this feature in case you additionally need ad-free playback in your sensible TV, gaming console, and different devices.
- Skifarterking: Other than the advertisements debacle, Vanced is a significantly better app than what Google is making for YouTube.
- thesecondsight: Google is naive. By shutting down YouTube Vanced, Google has solely succeeded in motivating the Android group to make use of various apps which supply comparable options. They’ve gained nothing.
- Joe Black: Unhappy to see because the Vanced app is just about good, they even launched skip operate for advert segments in movies – aka goodbye RAID: Shadow Legends and different crap.
- Mark McCoskey: I plan on persevering with with Vanced, till it stops working. Then I’ll hunt down an alternate.
- TheJah: NewPipe it’s additionally an amazing various!
- Eoaoos: Right here’s to hoping the identical devs will provide you with one thing new and higher.
- allhaileris: Nothing may induce me to pay Google for something. I block their advertisements and keep away from their merchandise as a lot as is feasible.
- Abbas Mustafa Bhaiji: They gained’t convey youtube premium to my nation.They gained’t add sliders for quantity and brightness. They ruined decision picker How rather more struggling does one should endure?
- mattc: Unhappy occasions. Time to return to paying YouTube sooner or later. Perhaps.