* The Ukrainian delegation is looking for a ceasefire and a troop withdrawal through the peace talks with Russia, Ukrainian Presidential Advisor Mykhailo Podolyak, additionally a member of the delegation, stated Monday.
* China will guarantee secure financial operations this yr, hold financial development, employment and costs inside cheap ranges, state media quoted the cupboard as saying on Monday.
* Most share markets firmed and oil slid on Monday on hopes for progress in Russian-Ukraine peace talks at the same time as preventing continued to rage, whereas bond markets braced for fee rises in america and UK this week.
* The European Union will suggest enhancing the safety and defence of Western Balkans international locations to “anchor” the area firmly inside the 27-member bloc amid concern about threats from Russia, the EU’s international coverage chief stated on Monday.
* Germany will buy F-35 fighter jets constructed by US agency Lockheed Martin LMT.N to interchange its ageing Twister plane, based on two authorities sources, with one of many sources saying Berlin goals to purchase as much as 35 of the stealth jets.
* The US must decide to wrap up a deal to salvage Iran’s 2015 nuclear accord with world powers, the Iranian international ministry spokesperson stated on Monday amid fears that arduous talks in Vienna would possibly collapse.
* Spain expects “within the coming hours” to approve emergency purchases of corn from Argentina and america for animal feed after provide gaps left by Russia-Ukraine disaster, Agriculture Minister Luis Planas stated on Monday.
* Sri Lanka’s finance minister held talks with a prime Worldwide Financial Fund (IMF) official on Monday, two sources stated, because the island nation seeks assist to cope with its plunging reserves, a sliding forex and surging inflation.
* Qatar’s international minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani stated on Monday he had mentioned the Iran nuclear talks now underway in Vienna along with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov throughout a go to to Moscow.
* Worldwide Power Company (IEA) chief Fatih Birol on Monday urged oil-producing international locations to pump extra to stabilise markets affected by the conflict in Ukraine.
* The Sri Lankan authorities stated it plans to create 1 million new job alternatives for younger folks via a program referred to as “Hope for Sri Lanka” because the nation seems to return to normalcy from the COVID-19 pandemic, native media reported right here Monday.
* Chinese language Vice Premier Solar Chunlan on Sunday confused taking probably the most thorough epidemic response measures to stem the COVID-19 outbreaks in northeast China’s Jilin Province.
* India’s COVID-19 tally rose to 42,993,494 on Monday, as 2,503 new circumstances had been registered through the previous 24 hours throughout the nation, confirmed the federal well being ministry’s newest information.
* The Republic of Korea’s well being authorities stated Monday that it’ll administer COVID-19 vaccines to youngsters aged 5-11 later this month to sort out the unfold of the Omicron variant.
* Demand for the COVID-19 vaccine produced by US biotech agency Novavax NVAX.O has been underwhelming within the European Union’s fundamental international locations within the early rollout, to this point undermining hopes that it might persuade vaccine sceptics to get a shot.