* World meals costs reached their highest level within the 61-year historical past of the United Nations Meals and Agriculture Group’s Meals Value Index, pushed larger by provide chain points and the Ukraine disaster.
* Russian state fuel firm Gazprom GAZP.MM was delivery pure fuel to Europe through Ukraine in the identical quantity of 109.5 million cubic metres per day as on Friday, the state-owned RIA information company cited Ukraine’s pipeline operator firm as saying.
* Ukraine from March 6 will be capable of import fuel from Poland, together with fuel from Polish LNG terminals, Ukrainian state-run fuel transit system operator stated on Saturday.
* Knowledge exhibiting a vibrant US jobs market strengthened the greenback and spurred commodity costs larger, however the struggle in Ukraine overshadowed the blowout report because the euro plunged on the worsening outlook for slower European financial development.
* Italian International Minister Luigi Di Maio flew to Qatar on Saturday to debate vitality cooperation between the 2 nations as Italy stepped up efforts to safe new fuel provides in mild of the Ukraine disaster.
* Prime Minister Viktor Orban on Saturday pledged to extend native possession of Hungary’s meals trade to 80% if re-elected for a fourth consecutive time period, noting the trade is presently dominated by overseas corporations.
* Iran hopes to resolve all excellent points with the visiting U.N. nuclear chief, a senior Iranian official instructed state TV on Saturday, within the newest push to safe the revival of a 2015 nuclear deal between the Islamic Republic and world powers.
* COVID-19 vaccinations within the European Union fell final week to their lowest stage in additional than a 12 months, as fears in regards to the pandemic ebbed, governments relaxed restrictions and public consideration shifted to the disaster in Ukraine.
* The World Well being Group stated that it doesn’t count on a direct impression on vaccine provide to Africa as a result of preventing in Ukraine and that Russia’s Sputnik COVID-19 vaccines had been a minimal element of imports to the continent.
* Belgium will take away virtually all its coronavirus restrictions from Monday.
* COVID-19 circumstances in Sweden are falling sharply, lower than a month after almost all pandemic-related restrictions had been lifted within the nation.
* An earthquake of magnitude 5.5 struck northern Sumatra in Indonesia on Saturday, the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) stated. The quake was at a depth of 60 km (37.3 miles), EMSC stated.