* The United Arab Emirates desires to encourage a political resolution within the Ukraine battle and taking sides would solely encourage violence, a senior UAE official stated on Sunday.
* Moscow is getting ready for negotiations with “all constructive forces” on a settlement in Ukraine, Russian International Minister Sergei Lavrov stated Saturday in a telephone name together with his Turkish counterpart, Mevlut Cavusoglu.
* Western allies introduced sweeping sanctions towards Russia, together with barring some key banks from the SWIFT funds system. The transfer will inflict a crippling financial blow to Moscow but additionally damage Western corporations and banks.
* No less than 64 civilians have been killed and greater than 160,000 are on the transfer after Russian troops entered Ukraine this week, a United Nations reduction company stated.
* Kremlin-controlled power big Gazprom GAZP.M stated on Sunday that Russian fuel exports through Ukraine to Europe continued usually, consistent with requests from prospects.
* Refugees continued to pour throughout Ukraine’s western borders, with round 100,000 reaching Poland in two days.
* Iran is able to “instantly conclude” a deal in talks to revive its 2015 nuclear accord with world powers if Western powers present actual will, Iranian International Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian stated on Saturday.
* China reported 239 new confirmed coronavirus instances on Feb. 26, the nation’s nationwide well being authority stated on Sunday, down from 249 a day earlier. There have been no new deaths, leaving the demise toll at 4,636. As of Feb. 26, mainland China had confirmed 109,092 instances.
* India’s COVID-19 tally rose to 42,916,117 on Sunday, as 10,273 new instances have been registered throughout the previous 24 hours throughout the nation, confirmed the federal well being ministry’s newest knowledge.
* Malaysia reported 27,299 new COVID-19 infections, as of midnight Saturday, bringing the nationwide complete to three,395,170, in response to the nation’s well being ministry.
* The Philippines’ Division of Well being (DOH) reported 1,038 new COVID-19 infections on Sunday, bringing the variety of confirmed instances within the Southeast Asian nation to three,661,049.
* Italy reported 38,375 COVID-19 associated instances on Saturday, towards 40,948 the day earlier than, the well being ministry stated, whereas the variety of deaths rose to 210 from 193.
* The Bangladeshi authorities has determined to increase the continued particular marketing campaign to manage the primary dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by two days to Feb. 28 amid a rising demand, Well being Minister Zahid Maleque has stated.
* The demise toll from flash flooding in Australia’s northeast rose to seven on Sunday as a extreme storm system pummelled the town of Brisbane and the southeast of the state of Queensland.