President Nguyễn Xuân Phúc and Singaporean President Halimah Yacob evaluate the guards of honour on the welcome ceremony. VNA/VNS Photograph
Vietnam and Singapore have issued a joint press assertion on strengthening strategic partnership and restoration cooperation on the event of President Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s State go to to Singapore from February 24-26.
Following is the total textual content of joint press assertion.
JOINT PRESS STATEMENT
between the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and
the Republic of Singapore
on Strengthening Strategic Partnership and
(24-26 February 2022)
1. On the invitation of Her Excellency Halimah Yacob, President of the Republic of Singapore, His Excellency Nguyen Xuan Phuc, President of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam, and Madam Tran Nguyet Thu made a State Go to to Singapore from 24 to 26 February 2022. President Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s State Go to demonstrates the robust mutual dedication to strengthening the Viet Nam – Singapore Strategic Partnership, and dealing carefully to assist one another to Get well Collectively from COVID-19.
2. Through the go to, President Nguyen Xuan Phuc was accorded a ceremonial welcome and referred to as on President Halimah Yacob who additionally hosted a State Banquet in President Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s honour. President Nguyen Xuan Phuc had bilateral conferences with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin, participated within the Singapore – Viet Nam Enterprise Dialogue and met with Singapore enterprise leaders. President Nguyen Xuan Phuc may also have conferences with Senior Minister and Coordinating Minister for Nationwide Safety Teo Chee Hean and Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong, go to the Sembcorp Tengeh Floating Photo voltaic Farm, and lay a wreath on the monument Commemorative Marker of President Ho Chi Minh. On this event, leaders of a number of Vietnamese Ministries and Provinces who accompanied the President on the State Go to additionally had separate conferences with their counterparts.
3. President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong witnessed the change of a sequence of bilateral agreements, together with the (a) renewal of the Defence Cooperation Settlement; (b) Memorandum of Understanding on Financial and Commerce Cooperation between the Ministry of Trade and Commerce of Viet Nam and the Ministry of Commerce and Trade of Singapore; (c) Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Info and Communications of Viet Nam and the Ministry of Communication and Info of Singapore for cooperation within the subject of Digital Financial system; (d) Memorandum of Understanding on the Cooperation Programme for 2022-2024 between the Viet Nam Fatherland Entrance and The Individuals’s Affiliation; and (e) Implementation Workplan on Mental Property Cooperation, pursuant to the Memorandum of Bilateral Cooperation. On the sidelines of the State go to, 28 enterprise MOUs have been signed between Vietnam’s provinces and companies with their counterparts.
Strengthening the Singapore-Vietnam Strategic Partnership
4. President Halimah Yacob and President Nguyen Xuan Phuc welcomed the wonderful progress made in strengthening the Strategic Partnership between Viet Nam and Singapore. The Leaders reaffirmed the robust and substantive bilateral relationship, and reviewed our multi-faceted cooperation in areas together with commerce and funding, defence, training, finance, transport, agri-trade, mental property, technical help, and people-to-people ties. Each Leaders additionally famous the high-level engagements final 12 months, together with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s assembly with Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam Pham Minh Chinh in April 2021.
5. The 2 sides dedicated to additional deepening political and financial relations by sustaining common high-level engagements, and strengthening present bilateral cooperation mechanisms such because the Connectivity Ministerial Assembly, which held its fifteenth assembly on 12 November 2021. The Leaders welcomed the settlement on financial and commerce cooperation and MOU on digital economic system cooperation, which might encourage cooperation in new fields together with on regional and world provide chain connectivity, the digital economic system, agri-trade, and capitalising on Singapore’s function as a regional hub for regional financial connectivity and growth. Recognising the complementarities of each economies, the Leaders agreed to leverage frequent commerce agreements to strengthen bilateral financial ties.
6. The Leaders famous with satisfaction the robust growth in bilateral commerce and funding cooperation regardless of pandemic-driven disruptions. Notably, Singapore has been Viet Nam’s largest supply of international funding since 2020. Singapore is Viet Nam’s second largest cumulative international investor, and its largest ASEAN investor, with a complete registered capital of 66 billion USD as of January 2022. The 2 sides acknowledged the twenty fifth Anniversary of the primary of the Viet Nam-Singapore Industrial Parks (VSIPs) and welcomed VSIPs to reinforce cooperation and scale growth in Viet Nam towards inexperienced, high-tech and modern parks, and notable contributions to its growth.
7. President Halimah Yacob and President Nguyen Xuan Phuc reaffirmed the longstanding bilateral cooperation in human useful resource growth and welcomed the Singapore Cooperation Programme’s milestone of reaching over 20,000 Vietnamese officers. They welcomed the signing of the Settlement on the Research Go to Programme and Government Schooling Programme for Senior Communist Occasion of Vietnam (CPV) Officers (2021-2023) which was renewed for its fourth cycle in June 2021. Each side famous the twentieth Anniversary of the institution of the Viet Nam-Singapore Coaching Centre, which was upgraded to the Viet Nam-Singapore Cooperation Centre in Ha Noi in 2018. Each side have been dedicated to strengthening instructional cooperation, together with the institution of extra college partnerships and cooperation and exchanges within the subject of know-how, innovation and entrepreneurship on the larger training stage.
8. The Leaders acknowledged the great progress in defence and safety cooperation, and welcomed the renewal of our settlement on bilateral defence cooperation, which might pave the best way for normal dialogues, military-to-military exchanges, training and coaching, cooperation in army medication, army intelligence, counter-terrorism, search and rescue, and humanitarian help and catastrophe reduction.
9. The 2 sides emphasised the significance of cooperation in combatting transnational crimes similar to terrorism, drug trafficking, human trafficking, financial crimes and cybercrimes. The 2 sides agreed to expedite efforts to conclude a MOU on cybersecurity cooperation.
10. The Leaders agreed to strengthen people-to-people ties together with within the spheres of tradition, youth, training and tourism. They welcomed the signing of the Letter of Intent between the Viet Nam-Singapore Friendship Affiliation and the Singapore Worldwide Basis and the signing of MOU between Viet Nam – Singapore Friendship Affiliation and Singapore Manufacturing Federation on selling people-to-people exchanges and entrepreneurship cooperation of the 2 peoples; and seemed ahead to stepping up inter-cultural exercise, together with by means of the gradual resumption of tourism, and the growth of training and analysis exchanges.
Regional and Worldwide Developments
11. The 2 sides exchanged views on key regional and worldwide developments. They emphasised the significance of strengthening ASEAN Centrality and unity, deepening regional financial integration together with by means of digital transformation, and upholding rules-based multilateralism to advertise peace and stability within the area. They dedicated to repeatedly pursue shut coordination and mutual assist at worldwide and regional fora, particularly inside ASEAN and ASEAN-led mechanisms.
12. The Leaders reiterated ASEAN’s constant place on the South China Sea and reaffirmed the significance of sustaining peace, safety, stability, security, and freedom of navigation and over-flight in and above the South China Sea, and peaceable decision of disputes with out resorting to menace or use of power, in accordance with worldwide legislation, together with the 1982 United Nations Conference on the Legislation of the Sea (UNCLOS), which is of common character and units out the authorized framework inside which all actions within the oceans and seas should be carried out. They underscored the significance of the total and efficient implementation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Events within the South China Sea (DOC) in its entirety, and to conduct substantive negotiations in the direction of the conclusion of an efficient and substantive Code of Conduct within the South China Sea (COC) in accordance with worldwide legislation, together with 1982 UNCLOS. They emphasised the necessity to preserve and promote an setting conducive to the COC negotiations. They expressed assist for significant actions to have fun the twentieth anniversary of DOC along side fortieth anniversary of 1982 UNCLOS in 2022.
13. The Leaders expressed deep concern in regards to the scenario in Myanmar, together with the dearth of progress within the implementation of the ASEAN 5-Level Consensus. The 2 sides referred to as on Myanmar to completely implement the 5-Level Consensus, together with by facilitating the ASEAN Particular Envoy’s go to to Myanmar to fulfill with all of the events involved. The Leaders additionally reaffirmed the Chair’s Assertion of the ASEAN Leaders’ Assembly in Jakarta on 24 April 2021. The Leaders additionally referred to as for Myanmar to keep away from actions that may be inimical to eventual nationwide reconciliation in Myanmar. Singapore and Viet Nam remained dedicated to supporting ASEAN’s efforts in assuaging the humanitarian scenario in Myanmar. Whereas reaffirming ASEAN’s precept of non-interference, the Leaders expressed assist for ASEAN’s lively function in aiding Myanmar, an integral a part of ASEAN Household, to beat the present disaster, and to return to normalcy. The Leaders additionally reaffirmed the choices of the thirty eighth and thirty ninth ASEAN and Associated Summits on the scenario in Myanmar.
Recovering Collectively and Rising Stronger from COVID-19
14. President Halimah Yacob and President Nguyen Xuan Phuc mentioned the affect of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic on each nations, reiterated the significance of equitable entry to protected and efficient COVID-19 vaccines and therapeutics, and welcomed the mutual provision of medical provides and tools between Singapore and Viet Nam for the reason that starting of the pandemic.
15. The 2 sides recognised the significance of nearer cooperation to allow each nations to get well collectively, and emerge stronger from the pandemic, towards a strong, inclusive, and sustainable restoration.
16. Each side additionally burdened the significance of holding our partnership forward-looking and bold by increasing cooperation in new areas of mutual curiosity such because the digital economic system and inexperienced economic system – together with renewable power, carbon buying and selling and companies, low-carbon applied sciences, and inexperienced finance. The 2 Leaders additionally supported Infrastructure Asia’s function in facilitating sustainable infrastructure tasks in Viet Nam.
Restoring Secure Journey
17. They welcomed the progress made by the bilateral working group on COVID-19 public well being and border measures, which was fashioned final 12 months. This consists of each side’ settlement on the mutual recognition of vaccination certificates, which can facilitate the protected and early resumption of standard business journey between each nations.
Stepping Up Cooperation in Digital Financial system
18. In recognising the significance of digital transformation and Trade 4.0, each side welcomed the signing of the MOU on Cooperation within the subject of Digital Financial system. The MOU will operationalise the Joint Working Group to implement concrete digital economic system collaborations, with the target of fostering bilateral and regional digital connectivity and interoperability. Such collaboration will assist the expansion of digital companies and investments in innovation and know-how, and enhance mutual entry to the broader ASEAN market and past.
Enhancing Provide Chain Connectivity
19. To bolster mutual financial resilience, each side expressed their dedication to making sure provide chain connectivity and safety. The Leaders agreed on the significance of making a pro-business setting, and welcomed additional mutually useful cooperation similar to in infrastructure growth and good logistics. As well as, to facilitate market entry in each nations and the area, each side are working carefully to raised assist companies and the innovation ecosystem in leveraging their intangible property and mental property to drive innovation and financial progress.
20. On this regard, the 2 Leaders welcomed the signing of the brand new bilateral Implementation Workplan on Mental Property cooperation, thus laying the bottom for additional discussions to finalise the small print of the proposed launch of a pilot Collaborative Search and Examination (CS&E) programme. This pilot programme will additional improve connectivity and facilitate the entry of modern services and products into our two nations.
Constructing A Inexperienced Financial system
21. Each Leaders underscored the significance of advancing environmental safety, local weather motion, and sustainable growth to make sure the well-being of their individuals and the planet. Given the imperatives of local weather motion as underscored by COP26, Viet Nam welcomed Singapore’s curiosity to assist its ongoing power transition, together with investments in low-carbon power applied sciences similar to Vitality Storage Programs (ESS). Viet Nam additionally welcomed Singapore’s curiosity to develop renewable power sources within the nation, with a view to export a part of the electrical energy to Singapore in the long run. This could assist the decarbonisation of energy grids in each Viet Nam and Singapore, consistent with broader regional decarbonization pursuits.
22. Extra broadly, the 2 sides additionally welcomed nearer bilateral and regional cooperation in responding to transboundary challenges similar to haze air pollution, water high quality, and local weather change, and seizing alternatives by means of round economic system and low-carbon growth.
23. Each side counseled the robust and substantive growth of the Strategic Partnership between the 2 nations, and agreed to bolster and future-proof cooperation forward of key milestone anniversaries in 2023: the fiftieth 12 months of diplomatic relations, and tenth anniversary of the Strategic Partnership.
24. President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Madam Tran Nguyet Thu expressed appreciation for the nice and cozy hospitality and glorious preparations accorded to the Vietnamese delegation, and invited President Halimah Yacob and Mr Mohamed Abdullah Alhabshee to make a State Go to to Viet Nam at a mutually handy time, which President Halimah graciously accepted.
Leave a Reply