* The longstanding collaboration between america and Russia in working the Worldwide Area Station (ISS) seems to be on stable footing whilst tensions between the 2 nations construct over the Ukraine disaster.
* World commodity costs jumped in the direction of multi-year highs on Thursday as Russia launched a navy operation in Ukraine, with costs responding in knee-jerk vogue regardless of regular export flows of Russian oil, gasoline, grains and metals to the West.
* NATO will take further steps to strengthen the alliance’s deterrence and defence after Russia launched a navy operation in Ukraine, the alliance stated in an announcement on Thursday.
* Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis stated on Thursday that Greece has secured power provides amid excessive rigidity over Russia-Ukraine standoff.
* The World Well being Group stated on Wednesday it has arrange a hub within the Republic of Korea to coach low- and middle-income nations to supply their very own vaccines and therapies, and is increasing its COVID-19 vaccine venture to an extra 5 nations.
* Extending the interval between the primary two doses of probably the most broadly used COVID-19 vaccines within the nation to eight weeks for younger males can scale back the uncommon danger of coronary heart irritation, US well being officers stated.
* Japan stated on Thursday worldwide travellers exhibiting proof of a COVID-19 vaccination with the Johnson & Johnson JNJ.N shot can be allowed in and be eligible for a shorter time in quarantine when border controls are eased subsequent month.
* The Omicron BA.2 sub-variant of COVID-19 seems to be extra infectious than the unique BA.1 sub-variant, however doesn’t trigger extra extreme illness, the top of Africa’s prime public well being physique stated on Thursday citing information from South Africa.
* As COVID-19 circumstances ease in america, main tech giants and banks are asking its vaccinated workers to return to work and restoring workplace perks.
* Canada is ending not often used particular measures invoked 9 days in the past to sort out weeks-long protests that shut some border crossings and paralyzed Ottawa since late-January, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau stated on Wednesday.
* The Italian authorities will finish the COVID-19 state of emergency on March 31, Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi stated on Wednesday, promising a gradual return to regular after greater than two years of the well being disaster.
* Switzerland will donate as much as 15 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to different nations by the center of this 12 months, having secured greater than sufficient to cowl its personal inhabitants of round 8.7 million, the federal government stated on Wednesday.
* The US Meals and Drug Administration stated GlaxoSmithKline and Vir Biotech’s COVID-19 antibody therapy shouldn’t be utilized in locations with circulation of variants that aren’t prone to the drug.
* AstraZeneca signed an settlement with Canada for 100,000 doses of its antibody remedy for prevention of COVID-19 in some high-risk sufferers.
* The Worldwide Financial Fund stated on Wednesday its Govt Board has accredited a 116 million USD disbursement for Cameroon after finishing an preliminary assessment of the nation’s mortgage packages.