* President Vladimir Putin mentioned on Wednesday that Russia was at all times open to diplomacy however put its personal nationwide safety pursuits first and would proceed to strengthen its navy within the face of what he referred to as a troublesome worldwide scenario.
* The US and its allies sought to step up sanctions strain on Russia on Wednesday over the deployment of troops in separatist areas of jap Ukraine, in one of many worst safety crises in Europe in many years.
* Ukraine’s parliament accredited sanctions on Wednesday towards 351 Russians, together with lawmakers who supported recognising the independence of two separatist-controlled territories in jap Ukraine and the deployment of Russian troops there.
* The Russian Federation Council, or the higher home of parliament, on Tuesday accredited Russian President Vladimir Putin’s request for the usage of navy overseas.
* Greece has made plans to obtain extra pure fuel to avert a disruption of provide amid heightened tensions in Ukraine, a authorities spokesman mentioned on Wednesday.
* The White Home mentioned on Tuesday the event of Nord Stream 2 is “not transferring ahead at this time limit” after steps by Germany to halt the Baltic Sea fuel pipeline challenge.
* The deputy head of Sudan’s ruling council, Normal Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo, headed to Moscow on Wednesday saying he hoped to bolster ties with Russia within the newest in a collection of international visits.
* Talks in Vienna on reviving a 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers have reached a delicate level and Western international locations ought to take a practical method to settle remaining issues, Iran’s international minister mentioned on Wednesday.
* Chinese language State Councilor and Overseas Minister Wang Yi met with Alya Ahmed Saif Al-Thani and Martin Bille Hermann, co-chairs of the Intergovernmental Negotiations (IGN) on the United Nations Safety Council Reform of the 76th Session of the UN Normal Meeting, via video hyperlink Tuesday.
* Israel’s president confirmed on Wednesday that he’ll go to Turkey, casting the journey to a former safety accomplice as a part of an try and create a regional alliance on local weather change.
* Singapore’s well being ministry reported a document 26,032 COVID-19 infections on Tuesday and mentioned it could take a number of weeks earlier than the present transmission wave peaks and subsides.
* Consultants are warning of the unfold of a brand new pressure of Omicron variant in america and potential well being results after an infection, as main states within the nation rushed to shed off COVID-19 restrictions amid a steady decline in circumstances and hospitalization.
* The worldwide challenge to share COVID-19 vaccines is struggling to put greater than 300 million doses within the newest signal the issue with vaccinating the world is now extra about demand than provide.
* British employers are turning extra assured concerning the economic system because the nation will get over the disruption attributable to the Omicron wave of coronavirus infections, a survey confirmed.
* Poland will take away most COVID-19 restrictions from March 1, whereas retaining the duty to put on face masks in enclosed public areas, Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki mentioned on Wednesday.
* Italy will now not require folks coming from outdoors the European Union to isolate after coming into the nation as of March 1, its well being ministry mentioned in a press release on Tuesday.
* Eire mentioned it should drop most of its remaining pandemic-linked restrictions from Feb. 28 as an Omicron-fuelled wave of infections ebbs.
* South Africa has modified its vaccination guidelines in an effort to encourage extra folks to get jabs, well being authorities mentioned.
* Uganda plans to impose fines on individuals who refuse to be vaccinated towards COVID-19 and those that fail to pay might be despatched to jail beneath a brand new public well being regulation which lawmakers are scrutinising, parliament mentioned.