* The Kremlin mentioned on Monday that Russian President Vladimir Putin and his US counterpart Joe Biden may arrange a name or assembly any time however there have been no concrete plans but for a summit.
* Ukraine hopes a proposed summit between the presidents of america and Russia will be carried out and that Kyiv can be part of the assembly, Ukrainian Defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov mentioned on Monday.
* French International Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian mentioned on Twitter he would maintain talks afterward Monday along with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov, amid intensified diplomatic efforts to defuse the Ukraine disaster.
* The EU won’t impose sanctions on Russia simply but, the bloc’s overseas coverage chief mentioned on Monday, rebuffing a name from Kyiv to take such steps now to avert a struggle, quite than wait till after any doable Russian invasion.
* European Union overseas ministers will name on the bloc’s high diplomat to scale up efforts on local weather change this yr to assist clinch harder emissions-cutting objectives from particular person nations, a draft doc on account of be adopted on Monday mentioned.
* Arab oil and power ministers mentioned on Sunday that OPEC+ ought to stick with its present settlement that provides 400,000 barrels per day a month to output.
* European Union overseas ministers assembly in Brussels should take choices to cease a “crucial” disaster in Bosnia changing into worse, EU overseas coverage chief Josep Borrell mentioned on Monday.
* The European Union will present Cyprus with further assist to assist it address a surge in migrant arrivals throughout the island’s ceasefire line, the bloc’s government mentioned on Monday.
* Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani mentioned on Monday he had mentioned the Vienna nuclear talks with Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, who’s at present visiting Doha.
* Kuwait Airways has elevated the variety of planes it plans to buy from Airbus AIR.PA to 31 from 28, the chairman of the corporate advised a information convention in Kuwait Metropolis, estimating the worth of the deal at 3 billion USD.
* Iran’s oil minister Javad Owji mentioned on Monday that his nation offered the most suitable choice for fuel exports to east and west, the semi-official Tasnim information company reported.
* Asian share markets pared losses and Wall Avenue futures rallied as a glimmer of hope emerged for a diplomatic answer to the Russian-Ukraine standoff.
* The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics Organising Committee mentioned on Monday zero new COVID-19 instances had been detected amongst games-related personnel on Feb. 20, in response to a discover on the Beijing 2022 official web site.
* Malaysian researchers discovered that remedy with the anti-parasite drug ivermectin didn’t stop sufferers with COVID-19 from changing into severely sick in a randomised scientific trial revealed within the JAMA Inner Medication journal.
* Italy’s well being ministry has really useful that individuals with a severely compromised immune system obtain a fourth mRNA vaccine shot towards COVID-19, offered that at the least 120 days have handed from their earlier booster.
* Brazil registered 406 COVID-19 deaths on Sunday and 40,625 further instances, in response to information launched by the nation’s Well being Ministry. The South American nation has now registered a complete of 644,286 coronavirus deaths and 28,208,212 complete confirmed instances.
* Australia on Monday totally reopened its worldwide borders to travellers vaccinated towards the coronavirus after practically two years of being shut within the pandemic as vacationers returned and a whole lot of individuals had been reunited with household and associates.
* Canadian police on Sunday secured the downtown core of the capital with fencing as metropolis employees cleaned up trash and snow plows cleared streets after two days of tense standoffs and 191 arrests ended a three-week occupation of Ottawa.
* South Africa’s well being division mentioned on Monday that it was altering COVID-19 vaccination guidelines to attempt to improve uptake, as inoculations have slowed and the nation has ample vaccine shares.