In mild of the current COVID-19 outbreak, Vietnam has imposed a number of journey restrictions on these getting into the nation. As of February 16, 2022, Vietnam had confirmed 2,572,087 instances of COVID-19 with 39,122 deaths, although 2,242,273 of the sufferers, had recovered.
These planning to journey to Vietnam ought to concentrate on the newest restrictions presently in place:
- Vietnam has suspended the entry of all foreigners since March 22, 2020, till additional discover to restrict the unfold of COVID-19. The measure doesn’t apply to diplomats, officers, international traders, consultants, expert employees, and people on designated and authorized tour packages.
- The federal government has agreed to reopen Vietnam for worldwide tourism from March 15. An in depth reopening plan is predicted to be launched quickly by the related authorities authorities.
- Vietnam lifted restrictions on the frequency of standard worldwide flights from February 15 as per the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam.
- Vietnam scrapped the fast take a look at for COVID-19 for worldwide arrivals earlier than boarding and after arriving in Vietnam. The measure had earlier been imposed for vacationers coming from international locations that had detected the Omicron variant. Nonetheless, the damaging RT-PCR COVID-19 take a look at, 72 hours previous to boarding for worldwide arrivals stays.
- The federal government on January 18 issued a brand new Directive permitting international staff and abroad Vietnamese with legitimate TRCs, PRCs, and visa exemption certificates to enter Vietnam with out approval from the immigration division and the native peoples committee.
- Vietnam’s Immigration Division has introduced that it’ll discontinue the automated keep extension for foreigners stranded in Vietnam from January 15. The keep extension measure had earlier been utilized to international vacationers who had entered the nation since March 1, 2020, on account of border restrictions brought on by the pandemic.
- Vacationers coming from international locations which have detected the Omicron variant should bear a fast take a look at for COVID-19 earlier than boarding and after they arrive in Vietnam at their very own value. As well as, the self-quarantine places resembling residences and accommodations have to be as per requirements as per the Ministry of Well being, in any other case, they should bear quarantine in centralized amenities. Airways have requested authorities to scrap the fast take a look at necessities as vacationers are required to have a damaging RT-PCR take a look at 72 hours previous to boarding.
- Whereas Vietnam authorized the resumption of worldwide flights with 9 locations from January 1, 2022, solely 5 worldwide routes have been confirmed resembling to the US, Japan, Taiwan, Cambodia, and Singapore.
- Hanoi scrapped the centralized quarantine rule for vacationers that come from international locations which have detected the Omicron variant as per transport authorities.
- The transport ministry has said that passengers from Ho Chi Minh Metropolis and Can Tho don’t want to offer damaging COVID-19 exams earlier than boarding for flights. Solely passengers from very high-risk localities or locked-down areas must present take a look at outcomes inside 72 hours.
- Vacationers getting into Vietnam for enterprise functions for lower than 14 days shall be exempt from quarantine necessities as per the Ministry of Well being, nonetheless, they have to adjust to pandemic stop measures together with staying at separate lodging. Additional particulars are more likely to be supplied by the MoH.
- Vietnam has lowered quarantine necessities for totally vaccinated worldwide arrivals from January 1, 2022. Arrivals with damaging COVID-19 RT-PCR take a look at outcomes would solely have to self-quarantine at residence or their locations of lodging for 3 days after they enter Vietnam. Two RT-PCR exams shall be carried out on the primary and third day of entry. If damaging, entrants are nonetheless required to observe their well being for the following 11 days. Additional particulars are more likely to be launched by the well being and transport ministries.
- Vietnam’s authorities has authorized the resumption of worldwide flights between Vietnam and 9 locations from January 1, 2022. These embody San Francisco or Los Angeles, Singapore, Bangkok, Phnom Penh, Vientiane, Beijing or Guangzhou, Tokyo, Seoul, and Taipei. Additional particulars on schedules and entry procedures are awaited.
- Vietnam’s Immigration Division introduced computerized visa extensions till December 31, 2021, for foreigners that entered the nation on visa waiver programmes, e-visas, or vacationer visas since March 1, 2020. The measure applies to those that entered Vietnam since March 1, 2020, permitting them to depart the nation with none penalty or paperwork till December 31, 2021.
- Vietnam plans to permit totally vaccinated international vacationers in a three-phase plan starting in November at particular places resembling Phu Quoc, Da Nang, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and others. The second section would start in January 2022 with additional places added to the listing with a full reopening anticipated someday in June or July 2022. Vacationers on packaged excursions have arrived on the aforementioned places since November 20.
- Vietnam has briefly acknowledged COVID-19 vaccine passport or certificates from 72 international locations together with China, the US, UK, UAE, Thailand, India, South Korea, Singapore, Italy, Germany, France, Cambodia, and Canada amongst others to facilitate the entry of international arrivals who’re totally vaccinated.
- Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Metropolis relaxed social distancing measures on September 21 and October 1 respectively to assist recuperate the economic system with pandemic prevention controls. Residents of Ho Chi Minh Metropolis should obtain at the least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and acquire a QR code by the mandated well being apps for motion throughout the metropolis.
- Vietnam has minimize the centralized quarantine interval for totally vaccinated international arrivals to 7 days from the earlier 14. Arrivals should additionally take a look at damaging for the virus inside 72 hours earlier than arrival and would then be required to self-monitor for an additional 7 days after the quarantine interval. As well as, these contaminated with COVID-19 and have certificates that they’ve recovered from the virus inside six months would even have their quarantine interval lowered. The federal government is but to offer additional particulars and date for implementation.
- The federal government on September 15 issued Discover No 330/TB-VPCP permitting Vietnamese carriers to renew worldwide air routes with six international locations – these are Guangzhou (China), Tokyo (Japan), Seoul (South Korea), Taipei (Taiwan), Phnom Penh (Cambodia), and Vientiane (Laos). Nonetheless, incoming vacationers might want to current a damaging RT-PCR take a look at three days earlier than departure and take a look at once more on arrival in Vietnam. Industrial flights, nonetheless, are but to renew pending additional directions from authorities authorities.
- Overseas staff shall be allowed to quarantine on the firm’s manufacturing unit, the corporate headquarters, or at a delegated resort/facility. As well as, in the event that they take a look at damaging twice, they may very well be launched and self-quarantine at their residence or firm headquarters in accordance with native well being authorities.
- Whereas Vietnam Airways started one-way flights to Japan on September 19, carriers will launch particular schedules for air routes after official affirmation from the authorities.
- Vietnamese authorities will cost a quarantine charge for anybody getting into Vietnam from September 1. Nonetheless, the medical remedy of Vietnamese nationals in case they’re contaminated by the pandemic shall be lined by the state price range. Overseas nationals are required to pay for their very own medical remedy. Worldwide arrivals who decide to remain at authorities quarantine amenities are required to pay at the least VND 120,000 (US$5) per day.
- Overseas staff that wish to enter Vietnam ought to guarantee they’ve a sponsor who can help in acquiring the required paperwork and be ready for a compulsory 14-day quarantine on arrival in Vietnam
- Vietnam will grant e-visa to residents of 80 international locations from July 1, 2020 as per Decision No. 79/NQ-CP. Particulars on the listing of nations may be accessed right here. Whereas it is a constructive signal, Vietnam’s borders stay closed to international guests as a result of pandemic and the federal government has not made any official assertion on when the borders will reopen.
- As of 12:00 pm on March 15, Vietnam suspended all visas and can deny entry to vacationers from the UK and the 26 Schengen international locations; this contains vacationers which have visited or transited by these international locations prior to now 14 days. This shall be efficient for 30 days.
- From March 7, all vacationers coming to Vietnam shall be required to submit a well being declaration upon arrival. Passengers can fill out this declaration on the airport or submit it on-line through this hyperlink (image beneath).
- Don’t journey in case you are sick; people who journey whereas sick, danger being quarantined, and bear exams.
- Further restrictions are potential for vacationers after they return to their nation of origin, together with entry restrictions and quarantine.
The Vietnamese authorities formally declared COVID-19 as an epidemic on February 1, with authorities taking swift and strict measures to include the virus.
A number of Vietnamese companies, residential complexes, and eating places have put in their very own preventative measures to maintain clients protected.
Because of the epidemic, vacationers ought to monitor restrictions and adjust to advisories issued by the native and nationwide authorities.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Well being is updating in regards to the epidemic right here, whereas the Tourism Ministry has additionally listed journey updates right here.
As well as, fundamental precautions one can take to scale back their danger to the coronavirus as suggested by the World Well being Group (WHO) are:
- Wash palms with cleaning soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub;
- Cowl nostril and mouth with tissues or within elbow when coughing or sneezing;
- Keep away from shut contact with anybody with chilly or flu-like signs;
- Totally prepare dinner meat and eggs; and
- Keep away from unprotected contact with stay wild or livestock.
Well being declaration kind pattern:
Be aware: This text was first printed on March 9 and has been up to date to incorporate the newest developments.
Vietnam Briefing is produced by Dezan Shira & Associates. The agency assists international traders all through Asia from places of work internationally, together with in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh Metropolis, and Da Nang. Readers might write to firstname.lastname@example.org for extra help on doing enterprise in Vietnam.
We additionally preserve places of work or have alliance companions helping international traders in Indonesia, India, Singapore, The Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Italy, Germany, and the United States, along with practices in Bangladesh and Russia.