* Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu on Monday informed President Vladimir Putin that a few of the nation’s navy drills had already ended and others had been coming to a detailed.
* Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett will journey to Bahrain on Monday within the highest-level go to because the international locations established relations below a 2020 US-sponsored deal, his workplace mentioned.
* China’s Nationwide Immigration Administration mentioned it is not going to be renewing passports for non-essential journey whereas the worldwide COVID-19 epidemic scenario continues to be extreme and cross border journey poses “nice safety dangers”.
* The Japanese unit of Merck & Co Inc mentioned it will speed up imports of its oral COVID-19 therapy to assist with a surge in circumstances attributable to the Omicron variant.
* Singapore’s Well being Sciences Authority mentioned it has granted an interim authorisation for Novavax’s COVID-19 vaccine.
* The Philippine central financial institution is eager on sustaining its coverage help to maintain financial restoration, its governor mentioned, forward of this week’s price setting assembly.
* The Asia-Pacific aviation trade’s sluggish restoration from the pandemic amid authorities restrictions will solid a shadow over the Singapore Airshow, although there are nascent indicators of enchancment as issues over the Omicron variant recede.
* Norway will scrap almost all its remaining COVID-19 lockdown measures as excessive ranges of coronavirus infections are unlikely to jeopardise well being companies, Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Stoere mentioned.
* Canada is reviewing its pandemic-related border restrictions and can doubtless announce modifications subsequent week, because the worst of a Omicron variant-driven wave seems to have handed, the well being minister mentioned on Friday.
* Goldman Sachs Group Inc, JPMorgan Chase & Co and Morgan Stanley mentioned they’re dropping the requirement for workers to put on masks within the workplace.
* New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern mentioned she felt demonstrations in opposition to a COVID-19 vaccine mandate now getting into their second week had been an “imported” phenomenon, and nothing like something she had seen earlier than within the nation.
* Cook dinner Islands, a small South Pacific nation that has not skilled COVID-19 in its neighborhood, is readying for its first coronavirus infections after an contaminated traveller visited, Prime Minister Mark Brown mentioned.
* The World Well being Group mentioned it had added its first monoclonal antibody tocilizumab to its so-called pre-qualification listing, an official listing of medicines used as a benchmark for procurement by creating international locations.
* Israel’s Arab minority and Palestinians within the occupied West Financial institution and the Gaza Strip have raised 10 million USD in lower than a month to construct properties for Syrian refugees, in keeping with activists behind the marketing campaign.
* Coronavirus case numbers have barely dropped in Germany, as the federal government plans to loosen coronavirus restrictions in Europe’s largest financial system.
* Sweden’s Well being Company beneficial on Monday that folks aged 80 or above ought to obtain a second booster shot of COVID-19 vaccine, the fourth jab in whole, to keep off waning immunity amid the rampant unfold of the Omicron variant.
* UAE vitality minister Suhail al-Mazrouei mentioned on Monday that infrastructure within the UAE was well-protected in opposition to assaults and that the nation had diversified its electrical energy infrastructure and has spare capability.
* Union leaders representing tens of 1000’s of well being staff in Sri Lanka mentioned on Monday the federal government had agreed to satisfy their calls for for larger wages, as spiralling inflation worsens the nation’s financial disaster.
* Jordan will start exporting electrical energy to Lebanon in March after finalising a funding settlement with the World Financial institution, Jordan’s Power Minister Saleh Kharabsheh informed Saudi owned TV station AlArabiya.