* Nations within the Quad grouping will strengthen cooperation on cyber- and counter-terrorism, together with on ransomware assaults, Australian Overseas Minister Marise Payne mentioned after assembly her counterparts from India, Japan and the USA.
* Russia agreed to additional discussions with France, Germany and Ukraine over the battle in japanese Ukraine, however mentioned Ukraine should commit to barter with separatists in its east, which was a “pink line”, France’s Elysee palace mentioned on Friday.
* Worldwide bookings for flights to Southeast Asian international locations which are stress-free tight pandemic-related border controls rose sharply in January, knowledge from on-line journey firm Skyscanner exhibits.
* US President Joe Biden on Thursday mentioned he anticipated inflation to begin to ease this yr as provide chain logjams clear up, whereas saying that his administration was already serving to ease shortages, as new knowledge confirmed the largest leap in shopper costs in 40 years.
* NATO Secretary-Common Jens Stoltenberg mentioned on Friday that the presence of American troops in Romania confirmed the USA’ dedication to the safety of Europe, as extra troopers arrived at an airbase.
* Hardline Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi mentioned on Friday Tehran “by no means” pins hope on ongoing talks in Vienna aimed toward reviving the nation’s 2015 nuclear settlement with world powers.
* The US is in search of the first-ever consultations with Mexico over its environmental obligations beneath the US-Mexico-Canada commerce settlement, together with safety of the critically endangered vaquita porpoise, US commerce officers mentioned Thursday.
* French President Emmanuel Macron’s division introduced on Friday new plans by the USA and France to guard the setting, as France hosted the ‘One Ocean’ summit.
* Canada ought to use federal powers to ease the rising financial disruption attributable to the blockage of a significant US-Canada commerce route by protesters against coronavirus mandates, US President Joe Biden’s administration mentioned on Thursday.
* US President Joe Biden on Thursday mentioned masks necessities for youngsters would prone to begin to fall away given federal plans to start vaccinating youngsters beneath the age of 5, however mentioned it was in all probability untimely to drop COVID masks necessities fully.
* The Republic of Korea’s Illness Management and Prevention Company reported on Friday 53,926 new every day COVID-19 circumstances, the second straight day with greater than 50,000 circumstances pushed by the Omicron variant, with a rise of 49 deaths to a complete of seven,012.
* Extra folks arrived exterior New Zealand’s parliament on Friday, as protesters calling for an finish to a vaccine mandate and hard COVID-19 restrictions refused to finish their demonstrations regardless of arrests by the police.
* Asian share markets fell on Friday, after red-hot US inflation knowledge and hawkish feedback from a Federal Reserve official fuelled bets on US rates of interest being hiked extra aggressively, and despatched US Treasury yields leaping.
* Eli Lilly and Co mentioned on Thursday it had entered an settlement with the US authorities to provide as much as 600,000 doses of its developmental COVID-19 antibody drug for not less than 720 million USD.
* Amazon.com Inc on Thursday knowledgeable workers at its US warehouses and logistics websites that they need to report being absolutely vaccinated by March 18 in the event that they want to obtain paid go away as a result of COVID-19.
* Tunisia will raise the evening curfew it imposed final month to curb the unfold of COVID-19 from Thursday, an announcement from the federal government mentioned.
* Novavax Inc mentioned on Thursday its two-dose vaccine was 80% efficient in opposition to COVID-19 in a late-stage trial testing the shot in teenagers aged 12 to 17 years.
* A Japanese Well being Ministry committee has authorized the oral COVID-19 drug made by Pfizer, the ministry mentioned.
* The Irish authorities on Thursday introduced a 200 euro credit score to all home electrical energy accounts and a 20% lower to public transport prices till the tip of the yr in a bid to ease political stress constructing round document inflation.
* Toyota Motor Corp, Common Motors, Ford Motor and Chrysler-parent Stellantis mentioned that they had been compelled to cancel or reduce some manufacturing at North American crops on Thursday due to components shortages stemming from Canadian trucker protests in opposition to pandemic mandates.
* The demise toll from Cyclone Batsirai in Madagascar jumped to 111 on Friday from 92 reported earlier this week, the state catastrophe aid company mentioned. The cyclone hit the Indian Ocean island late on Saturday, slamming the southeastern shoreline earlier than receding late on Sunday.
* Australia on Friday listed koalas alongside a lot of its east coast as endangered after the native marsupial’s habitats have been hit by extended drought, bushfires and builders reducing down timber.
* Finland’s formal buy settlement for F-35 fighter jets might be signed as quickly as Friday, US-based sources conversant in the plan mentioned on Thursday, bringing the stealthy new planes one step nearer to deploying in coming years on Russia’s northern flank.