This text might be up to date as additional developments in Vietnam turn out to be out there.
- As of February 9, 2022, Vietnam’s Ministry of Well being confirmed a complete of two,380,695 instances of COVID-19. Nonetheless, 2,126,777 of the affected sufferers have recovered and been discharged from hospitals. Vietnam has additionally recorded 38,521 deaths because of the pandemic. The most recent neighborhood transmission instances have been reported from Hanoi, Nghe An, Hai Duong, Thanh Hoa, and Hoa Binh amongst others.
- Hanoi authorities allowed the resumption of motorcycle ride-hailing companies from February 8, whereas film theaters might be allowed to reopen from February 10, after greater than six months as a consequence of pandemic prevention measures.
- The federal government needs to open tourism nationwide between March 30 and April 30, 2022, in keeping with Vietnam’s technique of opening up and residing with the virus.
- As the federal government appears to additional reopen the nation, the Ministry of Training and Coaching acknowledged that each one faculties are anticipated to reopen and have bodily courses this month.
- Vietnam scrapped the speedy/fast COVID-19 take a look at for worldwide arrivals earlier than boarding flights and after touchdown in Vietnam. The requirement had been imposed earlier for worldwide arrivals from nations that had detected the Omicron variant. Nonetheless, the RT-PCR COVID-19 destructive take a look at requirement, 72 hours previous to boarding, stays.
- Vietnam obtained 6.27 million COVID-19 vaccines from Europe together with Germany, the UK, Portugal, and Luxembourg in coordination with UNICEF from December 2021 to January 24, 2022.
- The federal government on January 18 issued a Directive permitting international workers and abroad Vietnamese with legitimate TRCs, PRCs, and visa exemption certificates to enter Vietnam with out the approval allow from the immigration division and the native individuals committee. Additional particulars are prone to emerge on steering and implementation.
- Vietnam recorded its first identified instances of the Omicron variant locally in Ho Chi Minh Metropolis. The three instances of the variant have been confirmed on January 18, from Binh Chanh, District 11, and Go Vap districts.
- Vietnam’s Immigration Division has introduced that it’ll discontinue the automated keep extension for foreigners stranded in Vietnam from January 15. The keep extension measure had earlier been utilized to international vacationers who had entered the nation since March 1, 2020, as a consequence of border restrictions attributable to the pandemic.
January 4, 2022
- Vacationers coming from nations which have detected the Omicron variant should endure a fast take a look at for COVID-19 earlier than boarding and after they arrive in Vietnam at their very own value. As well as, the self-quarantine areas resembling residences and inns should be as per requirements as per the Ministry of Well being, in any other case, they should endure quarantine in centralized amenities.
Developments in 2021
- Hanoi authorities scrapped the centralized quarantine rule for vacationers coming from nations which have detected the Omicron variant as per the transport ministry. Thus from January 1, 2022, vacationers which can be absolutely vaccinated and take a look at destructive for COVID-19 can self-quarantine at their place of lodging for 3 days.
- Vietnam reported its first identified case of the Omicron variant from a traveler arriving from the UK on December 19 at Hanoi’s Noi Bai Worldwide Airport.
- Hanoi authorities mandated that anybody arriving from nations which have detected the Omicron variant of the virus should quarantine no matter their vaccination standing. Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities have additionally been following the identical requirement since December 14.
- The transport ministry has acknowledged that passengers from Ho Chi Minh Metropolis and Can Tho don’t want to supply destructive COVID-19 checks earlier than boarding. Solely passengers from very high-risk localities or locked-down areas must present take a look at outcomes inside 72 hours.
- Vacationers getting into Vietnam for enterprise functions for lower than 14 days might be exempt from quarantine necessities as per the Ministry of Well being, nevertheless, they have to adjust to pandemic forestall measures together with staying at separate lodging. Additional particulars are prone to be offered by the MoH.
- Hanoi authorities suspended non-essential actions together with in-person eating in Hai Ba Trung District, 5 wards of Hoan Kiem District, and two wards of Tay Ho District on December 19 because of the excessive danger of COVID-19 infections.
- Vietnam has diminished quarantine necessities for absolutely vaccinated worldwide arrivals from January 1, 2022. Arrivals with destructive COVID-19 take a look at outcomes would solely must self-quarantine at dwelling or their locations of lodging for 3 days after they enter Vietnam. Two RT-PCR checks might be carried out on the primary and third day of entry.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis has imposed strict inspections on international arrivals significantly from nations which have reported the Omicron variant, whereas surveillance in places of work, residential areas, and manufacturing amenities might be strengthened. The authorities have additionally requested individuals who have entered town up to now 28 days to get examined for the variant.
- Authorities in Hanoi’s Dong Da District suspended on-site eating at eating places, outside train, and in-person courses from December 13 after recording a excessive variety of instances.
- The federal government has accredited the resumption of worldwide flights between Vietnam and 9 locations from January 1, 2022. These embody San Francisco or Los Angeles, Singapore, Bangkok, Phnom Penh, Vientiane, Beijing or Guangzhou, Tokyo, Seoul, and Taipei. Additional particulars on schedules and entry procedures are awaited.
- Vietnam’s Immigration Division has introduced one other automated keep extension for foreigners stranded in Vietnam because of the pandemic till December 31, 2021. The measure applies to those that entered since March 1, 2020, permitting them to depart the nation with none penalty or official procedures. Those who have entered previous to March 1, 2020, are additionally eligible offered they present paperwork by their embassies or by Vietnamese authorities to substantiate they have been quarantined or handled for COVID-19.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities will give booster pictures of COVID-19 vaccines to its residents from December 10. These booster doses might be offered on a precedence foundation to adults over 50 years of age, these with underlying well being points, medical employees, and so forth.
- Vietnam’s aviation authority has agreed to the well being ministry’s proposal to droop worldwide flights to and from some nations in Africa as a consequence of considerations over the Omicron variant.
- Vietnam’s authorities has ordered related businesses to proactively monitor the Omicron variant of COVID-19 and put together anti-pandemic responses. Authorities businesses are additionally monitoring entrants who might have come from nations recording the Omicron variant.
- Hanoi authorities scrapped the quarantine requirement for vacationers from high-risk areas resembling Ho Chi Minh Metropolis. Fairly individuals which can be absolutely vaccinated should self-monitor their well being for seven days and be examined on the primary day. Vacationers that aren’t vaccinated might want to self-isolate for seven days and might be examined twice.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities have allowed bars, film theaters, and therapeutic massage parlors to reopen in low-risk areas from November 16, whereas bike ride-hailing companies are additionally allowed to function from half their capability. Providers in high-risk areas are nonetheless prohibited from resuming.
- A number of provinces with decrease vaccination charges resembling Lao Cai, Phu Tho, Bac Giang, and Ha Tinh have imposed quite a few social distancing measures together with a ban on in-person eating, whereas Binh Thuan and Soc Trang have re-established pandemic prevention checkpoints.
- Vietnam accredited the emergency use of India’s Covaxin COVID-19 vaccine making it the ninth COVID-19 vaccine licensed by Vietnam.
- Vietnam’s Immigration Division has introduced one other automated keep extension for foreigners stranded in Vietnam because of the pandemic till November 30, 2021. The measure applies to those that entered since March 1, 2020, permitting them to depart the nation with none penalty or official procedures. Those who have entered previous to March 1, 2020, are additionally eligible offered they present paperwork by their embassies or by Vietnamese authorities to substantiate they have been quarantined or handled for COVID-19.
- A number of nations together with the US, the UK, and Japan have formally acknowledged Vietnam’s vaccine passport whereas different nations resembling China, South Korea, India, the EU have been awaiting an ordinary template from Vietnam. Vietnam itself has quickly acknowledged vaccine certificates of 72 nations to ease journey.
- COVID-19 vaccine maker AstraZeneca introduced plans to speculate US$90 million in Vietnam to broaden its presence within the nation whereas Vietnam additionally signed an settlement to purchase one other 25 million doses of the vaccine.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis resumed in-person eating at eating places and eateries from October 28 although with pandemic prevention measures. Meals institutions can solely serve clients at 50 % capability and should shut by 9:00 pm. District 7 and Thu Duc Metropolis are allowed additional rest measures underneath a pilot program till November 15.
- Vietnam has quickly acknowledged COVID-19 vaccine passport or certificates from 72 nations together with China, the US, UK, UAE, Thailand, India, South Korea, Singapore, Italy, Germany, France, Cambodia, and Canada amongst others to facilitate the entry of international arrivals who’re absolutely vaccinated.
- From October 21, Vietnam’s Transport Ministry scrapped the total vaccination requirement for home air passengers. Nonetheless, passengers from high-risk areas or locked-down areas would nonetheless want a destructive COVID-19 take a look at 72 hours previous to their flights. Passengers from different areas would want one of many following, resembling a destructive COVID-19 take a look at, proof of vaccination, or a COVID-19 restoration certificates.
- Hanoi allowed the resumption of on-site eating, taxis, and inns from October 14, although with pandemic prevention measures. Eating places can be allowed on-site eating at half capability apart from companies that promote alcohol.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis and the neighboring provinces of Binh Duong, Tay Ninh, Dong Nai, and Lengthy An have reached an settlement on the commute of employees and consultants between the 5 localities. Companies can be allowed to move workers by firm automobiles and people which can be absolutely vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 and have a destructive take a look at certificates.
- Vietnam obtained 608,400 doses and 397,800 doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine on October 7 and October 8 respectively from the US.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis has allowed buses, taxis, and contract automobiles (ride-hailing) underneath 9 seats to renew operations with restricted capability from October 5.
- Residents of Ho Chi Minh Metropolis that wish to exit should be vaccinated at the least as soon as and acquire a QR code by way of the mandated well being apps. If there isn’t a QR code, residents should present proof by paper documentation. Companies should additionally register to obtain QR codes and obtain workers utilizing these codes.
- Home flights resumed on October 1 underneath a four-phase plan. Flights resumed with localities which have relaxed pandemic prevention and management measures.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities have applied Directive 18 on COVID-19 prevention and management measures whereas regularly reopening the economic system. Residents have been requested to make use of VNEID and Y te HCM cell apps to declare their well being and locations previous to going out. The directive contains eight teams of companies which were allowed to renew together with manufacturing and buying and selling, outside occasions, worldwide organizations, and authorities businesses.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis eased curbs and social distancing measures from October 1. A number of enterprise actions with capability restrictions have been allowed to renew together with, places of work, industrial parks, export processing zones, high-tech parks, barbershops, gyms, museums, weddings, supermarkets, comfort shops, eating places (solely takeaway), and in-person grocery procuring. Bars, spas, karaoke and therapeutic massage parlors, film theaters, nightclubs, road distributors, and lottery ticket distributors amongst others will proceed to be suspended. Public transport out and in of town additionally stays suspended.
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau province authorities will calm down social distancing measures and transfer to Directive 15 from September 23. Moist markets will even be allowed to reopen for promoting important items.
- Hanoi authorities eased restrictions from September 21 permitting a number of non-essential companies to renew. These embody barbershops, beauty shops, conventional markets, and procuring malls and permitting companies together with places of work to renew on-site operations at 50 % capability. Journey permits for inner-city roads are not required whereas zoning and inside checkpoints have been eliminated.
- Ha Lengthy in Quang Ninh province resumed outside actions and lifted a swimming ban on September 19 after no instances for the previous three months. Gyms, health facilities and pool desk companies have additionally been allowed to renew operations.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities plan to ease restrictions in some districts thought of inexperienced zones resembling Can Gio, Cu Chi, and District 7 from September 16. The town will even trial a ‘inexperienced card’ in these districts earlier than making use of to the entire metropolis. Residents in these districts might be allowed to go to the market as soon as every week whereas train in residential areas in inexperienced zones and small parks might be allowed relying on native authorities. Metropolis authorities have additionally reopened different companies actions together with postal companies, pc shops, stationery shops in addition to eating places and occasional outlets for supply from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm. Supply drivers or shippers may also ship inter-district from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Hanoi authorities have allowed meals takeaway companies and different outlets to reopen in secure districts from September 16. Nonetheless, they have to shut by 9:00 pm. 19 districts that meet these necessities are Ba Dinh, Ba Vi, Bac Tu Liem, Cau Giay, Dan Phuong, Gia Lam, Hoai Duc, Lengthy Bien, Me Linh, My Duc, Nam Tu Liem, Phu Xuyen, Phuc Tho, Quoc Oai, Soc Son, Son Tay, Tay Ho, Thanh Oai, and Ung Hoa.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities prolonged social distancing tips underneath Directive 16 till September 30, nevertheless it plans to permit shippers to function inter-district from September 16 to assist in the supply of meals and important items.
- Authorities in Ba Ria-Vung Tau relaxed some restrictions and reopened conventional markets in inexperienced zones and areas the place Directive 15 is utilized resembling Chau Duc, Dat Do, Xuyen Moc, and Con Dao districts. Authorities plan additional easing of restrictions from September 15 resembling opening up companies in important companies adopted by semi-essential and non-essential items.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities allowed the resumption of take-away and meals supply from eating places and eateries between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm from September 9 inside every district. Eateries can solely use on-line supply companies. The town has additionally allowed supermarkets, grocery shops, and pharmacies to open from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Eating places, espresso outlets, and roadside eateries in Hoi An have been allowed to reopen on September 6 however with 50 % of consumers and pandemic-related well being protocols. Hoi An started much less restrictive social distancing measures underneath Directive 19 from September 6.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities prolonged the strict ‘shelter-in-place’ lockdown restrictions till September 15. Residents in low-risk areas or ‘inexperienced zones’ can be allowed to go to the market and a few takeout companies as soon as every week, although particulars of this are but to be offered.
- Hanoi continued strict lockdown measures in 10 districts from September 6 whereas partly imposing it in 5 others that are thought of high-risk for 15 days. Zone 1 or crimson zone requires individuals to remain the place they’re and contains Tay Ho, Ba Dinh, Cau Giay, Hoan Kiem, Dong Da, Hai Ba Trung, Thanh Xuan, Ha Dong, Thanh Tri, and Hoang Mai. Zone 2, which includes 5 districts – Lengthy Bien, Gia Lam, Dong Anh, Soc Son, and Me Linh, might be underneath Directive 15.
- Da Nang eased restrictions from September 5 and reopened conventional markets, take away eating places and meals joints in inexperienced zones.
- Hanoi prolonged its social distancing measures till September 6.
- Ho Metropolis started strict social distancing measures underneath Directive 11 with the army manning a number of checkpoints. Underneath these measures, persons are not allowed to depart their houses. Shippers can solely ship inside districts whereas app-based supply is suspended in District 8, 12, Go Vap, Binh Tan, Binh Thanh, Binh Chanh, Hoc Mon, and Thu Duc Metropolis. The army together with authorities authorities will even be chargeable for distributing meals.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities prolonged social distancing measures underneath Directive 16 for one more month till September 15.
- Nha Trang and Da Nang have banned individuals from leaving their houses for every week enhancing lockdown measures from August 14 and August 16 respectively.
- Hanoi authorities prolonged social distancing measures underneath Directive 16 for one more 15 days till August 22.
- Vietnam has reduce the centralized quarantine interval for absolutely vaccinated international arrivals to 7 days from the earlier 14. Arrivals should additionally take a look at destructive for the virus inside 72 hours earlier than arrival and would then be required to self-monitor for one more 7 days after the quarantine interval. As well as, these contaminated with COVID-19 and have certificates that they’ve recovered from the virus inside six months would even have their quarantine interval diminished. The federal government is but to supply additional particulars and date for implementation.
- Da Nang and Hoi An will start strict social distancing measures underneath Directive 16 from July 31, whereas authorities in Nha Trang have restricted motion at evening from 7:00 pm to six:00 am.
- Bamboo Airways, Vietjet Air, and Pacific Airways suspended most of their common flight schedules from July 26 as a consequence of low demand and social distancing measures in a number of localities. Vietnam Airways has diminished operations on the Hanoi-Ho Chi Minh Metropolis route to only two flights per day.
- Following Ho Chi Minh Metropolis, 11 southern provinces together with Binh Duong, Dong Nai, and Binh Phuoc have applied nighttime restrictions banning individuals from going out from 6:00 pm to six:00 am.
- Hoi An authorities imposed social distancing measures underneath Directive 16 from July 26 after discovering new pandemic clusters.
- Supply companies resembling Seize, Be, and Gojek have suspended supply companies from 5:00 pm to six:00 am in Ho Chi Minh Metropolis following town’s nighttime ban on outside actions.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities have banned individuals from going open air at evening from 6:00 pm to six:00 am from July 26. All actions might be suspended apart from emergencies and pandemic-related operations.
- Hanoi authorities imposed 15 days of social distancing measures underneath the strict Directive 16 from July 24. The vast majority of public transport might be shut, whereas journey received’t be allowed to different localities except for legitimate causes.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis prolonged its social distancing measures underneath Directive 16 till at the least August 1 with stronger measures in sure areas.
- Hanoi authorities requested individuals to remain dwelling and keep away from public gatherings of greater than 5 individuals whereas non-essential companies are ordered closed. Transport to 37 pandemic affected provinces and cities has additionally been suspended.
- 16 southern localities together with the Mekong Delta area have been positioned underneath strict social distancing measures underneath Directive 16 from July 18 for 2 weeks.
- Authorities in Ho Chi Minh Metropolis shut down a number of factories in Saigon Hello-tech Park together with the Samsung complicated after greater than 700 instances have been detected at a manufacturing facility there. Factories within the hi-tech park at the moment are required to permit employees to remain throughout the premises to function.
- The well being ministry on July 13 shortened the period of therapy and isolation of asymptomatic COVID-19 sufferers for direct contacts and immigrants to 14 days.
- Authorities in Hanoi have ordered the closure of non-essential companies resembling indoor eating places, cafes, and barbershops from July 13 as a consequence of rising instances. Nonetheless, meals takeaways and deliveries are nonetheless allowed. As well as, Hanoi police are anticipated to arrange COVID-19 checkpoints in any respect metropolis entrances.
- Vung Tau applied strict social distancing measures underneath Directive 16 from July 13 after recording a rise in instances.
- Authorities in Ho Chi Minh Metropolis have ensured strict compliance of social distancing measures together with fining individuals between VND 1 to three million (US$43 to US$130) for being exterior and not using a legitimate purpose. Checkpoints are arrange on fundamental roads and between districts whereas in depth testing is underway for metropolis residents. Most provinces and cities require a destructive COVID-19 take a look at for these coming from Ho Chi Minh Metropolis.
- Hanoi’s Noi Bai Worldwide and Ho Chi Minh Metropolis’s Tan Son Nhat Worldwide airports have launched COVID-19 take a look at companies for passengers from July 10 and 11 respectively.
- Hanoi authorities suspended all outside sports activities actions and bodily train from July 8 as a consequence of COVID-19 considerations.
- Dong Nai and Khanh Hoa provinces started social distancing measures following Ho Chi Minh Metropolis underneath Directive 16 measures from July 9. Khanh Hoa’s social distancing measures will apply to Nha Trang, Ninh Hoa commune, and Van Ninh district.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis will impose one other 15 days of social distancing underneath the stricter Directive 16 measures from July 9. Underneath Directive 16, all non-essential companies and companies are banned, whereas public transport together with buses and taxis are suspended. The gathering of greater than two individuals is banned and persons are required to remain dwelling except for meals, medication, or emergencies.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities imposed stricter Directive 10 measures from June 20 to take care of the outbreak. These embody the suspension of passenger taxis, ride-hailing taxis in addition to public and interprovincial buses. The gathering of three or extra individuals exterior of workplaces and hospitals has been banned and persons are required to solely exit when essential.
- Da Nang authorities shut public seashores in addition to dine-in eateries from June 20 after discovering 23 native infections after a month. Decide-up and supply companies are nonetheless allowed to function.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities prolonged social distancing tips for one more two weeks till June 30 because of the current enhance in instances. Go Vap district and District 12’s Thanh Loc Ward will now be underneath Directive 15 measures like the remainder of town. The developments come after town recorded the very best variety of day by day instances on June 13.
- Vietnam on June 12 accredited the emergency use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
- Da Nang authorities allowed the reopening of some outside actions easing restrictions from June 9. Eating places, eateries, and barbershops have been allowed to renew however with well being protocols, whereas places of work have been allowed to herald their workers. Public seashores have been allowed to reopen although swimming is just allowed at sure designated instances. The easing of restrictions occurred after Da Nang went 20 days with none neighborhood transmission instances.
- Vietnam accredited a COVID-19 vaccine by China’s Sinopharm for emergency use as per the Ministry of Well being.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities will impose social distancing measures ranging from Could 31 for 2 weeks as a consequence of an increase within the variety of instances. Particularly, Go Vap district and Thanh Loc Ward in District 12 might be underneath stricter Directive 16 measures whereas the remainder of town might be underneath Directive 15 measures.
- Directive 16 doesn’t enable gatherings of two extra individuals in public and asks individuals to solely depart houses for emergencies, meals, medication, work in factories, and companies that contain important items and companies. Directive 15 requires the suspension of social occasions, bans the gatherings of 20 individuals or extra in a single place and 10 individuals or extra exterior workplaces, faculties, and hospitals.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities have ordered the suspension of most non-essential actions. These embody eating places, magnificence parlors, barbers, spas, tourism websites, museums, strolling streets, evening markets, and parks from Could 28 because of the newest outbreak. Homestay and Airbnb companies are additionally suspended till additional discover whereas spiritual actions with 10 or extra individuals and different establishments are additionally suspended.
- Eating places that do function will solely be allowed takeaway and supply companies.
- Da Nang authorities will enable taxis, ride-hailing automobiles, and motorbikes in addition to two-wheeler supply companies to renew operations from Could 28 after eight days of registering no new native infections.
- A minimum of 13 individuals belonging to a spiritual sect in Go Vap District of Ho Chi Minh Metropolis have examined optimistic for the virus. This features a chef working on the Sheraton Resort in District 1. The lodge has been quickly blocked.
- In mild of this, Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities have restricted individuals from not gathering in teams of greater than 10 individuals in public locations.
- Bac Giang province, the epicenter of the outbreak, is about to regularly reopen the 4 industrial parks that have been ordered to close down to make sure that jobs and provide chains are usually not considerably affected. The province is dwelling to Samsung and Apple suppliers.
- Quang Nam authorities reopened public seashores and Hoi An city from Could 25 after going with none new neighborhood transmission instances up to now 14 days.
- Vietnam obtained the fourth batch of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine with 288,000 doses arriving in Ho Chi Minh Metropolis on Could 25.
- Hanoi authorities have shut all dine-in companies, barbershops, and salons from Could 25 as a consequence of a spike in native infections. As well as, individuals returning to Hanoi from different areas should submit medical declarations inside 24 hours.
- In Ho Chi Minh Metropolis, small-scale eating places and road meals companies are usually not allowed to supply dine-in companies however simply takeaway. Buses and taxis are solely allowed to function at 50 % capability, whereas spiritual gatherings with greater than 20 persons are suspended.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities have banned the gatherings of greater than 20 individuals at eating places and at public locations. Authorities additionally suspended specific boat companies from District 1 to Can Gio and Vung Tau.
- Apple suppliers Foxconn and Luxshare have been pressured to quickly shut down their factories because of the outbreak in Bac Giang province. The measure will doubtless be in place for 2 weeks.
- Vietnam plans to arrange a US$1.1 billion fund to accumulate 150 million vaccines for its inhabitants. The proposal has been submitted to the federal government for approval.
- Hanoi authorities ordered the suspension of all bodily and sports activities actions in public together with golf programs from Could 13.
- Da Nang banned the gathering of greater than 5 individuals in public and outdoors of places of work and faculties.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis will re-establish 12 COVID-19 checkpoints on the entrances of town from Could 15.
- Hanoi since Could 11 ordered the closure of all beer parlors (bia hoi) and the banned the gathering of greater than 10 individuals in a single place exterior of public places of work, faculties, and hospitals.
- As well as, espresso outlets, meals courts, comfort shops, and eateries close to COVID-19 outbreak areas such because the Nationwide Hospital for Tropical Illness in Dong Anh District have been ordered to quickly shut down.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities have banned the gathering of greater than 30 individuals from Could 7. This contains gyms, wedding ceremony reception facilities, yoga courses, and buffet eating places amongst others.
- Da Nang banned eating places from dine-in companies permitting them to solely promote utilizing take-out and supply companies from midday on Could 7.
- Hanoi authorities have shut down non-essential companies from Could 5 resembling film theaters, gyms, spas, and therapeutic massage parlors. The event comes after town recorded 5 home instances in 5 districts resembling Dong Anh, Hai Ba Trung, Hoang Mai, Bac Tu Liem, and Me Linh.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities shut down film theaters, therapeutic massage parlors, and on-line recreation facilities from Could 3 whereas Hanoi additionally shut down sidewalk cafes and eateries in a bid to stop and fight the pandemic. Colleges have additionally been suspended in Hanoi. Comparable measures have additionally been applied in Da Nang and Quang Nam.
- As a precaution, the Ministry of Well being has quickly prolonged the minimal 14-day quarantine to further days as per well being protocols and different elements.
- Flag provider, Vietnam Airways is predicted to renew some worldwide flights connecting Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Metropolis with South Korea, Japan, and Australia from April 3. Low-cost provider Vietjet additionally resumed some worldwide routes to Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan. Nonetheless, solely repatriated accredited Vietnamese residents and accredited international consultants might be allowed to enter Vietnam.
- Vietnam has accredited using Russia’s Sputnik-V COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use.
- The primary batch of 117,600 doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine arrived in Ho Chi Minh Metropolis on the morning of February 24.
- The Ministry of Well being acknowledged that 10 teams of individuals together with well being employees, police, army officers, and people over 65 years of age would be the first to obtain COVID-19 vaccines within the nation.
- Vietnam is predicted to import the primary batch of the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine on February 28. Well being authorities accredited the import of 204,000 doses out of the 30 million accredited pictures.
- The Ministry of Well being additionally accredited the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine. Whereas Vietnam was set to purchase the vaccine as reported beforehand, the brand new outbreak has urged authorities to quicken the procurement of the vaccine to February.
- The native case in Hai Duong was linked to a manufacturing facility employee who examined optimistic for the UK variant of the virus after arriving for work in Japan. The second neighborhood case is an airport employee, employed at Van Don Worldwide Airport in Quang Ninh. The airport has dealt with a number of repatriation flights and is prone to be the case for the employee testing optimistic.
- Vietnam’s nationwide commerce union the Vietnam Basic Confederation of Labor (VGCL) will assist employees who’ve been affected by the pandemic and pure disasters in 2020 with as much as VND 1-2 million (US$43-86) every for Tet – the Vietnamese New Yr Vacation which begins on February 12.
- Vietnam will restrict inbound repatriation flights from January 10 till the top of the Lunar New Yr Vacation in mid-February to restrict the dangers of the unfold of the pandemic.
- Vietnam’s Basic Statistics Workplace (GSO) reported that 1.3 million individuals nationwide misplaced their jobs in 2020 because of the pandemic with most of them within the working age.
- Vietnam has banned inbound flights from nations which have recorded the brand new COVID-19 variant such because the UK and South Africa. The listing of nations that the ban applies to will doubtless be expanded within the coming days.
January 2-3, 2021
- Heavy visitors was reported on the entrances of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Metropolis on January 3, as individuals returned from the New Yr holidays and festivities. Most new 12 months’s eve gatherings in main cities have been filled with crowds.
- Vietnam reported its first case of the coronavirus variant from the UK on January 2. The affected person was repatriated from the UK and quarantined on arrival.
Developments in 2020
- The Ministry of Well being just lately issued Official Dispatch No. 5834/BYT-KH-TC on momentary steering on COVID-19 checks prices for these wanting to depart the nation. The associated fee for real-time PCR checks can be VND 734,000 (US$31) per particular person and a fast take a look at can be VND 238,000 (US$10) per particular person. Primarily based on these most costs, native authorities are allowed to determine costs for particular checks..
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis authorities have designated one other 14 inns to function paid quarantine amenities. The inns will provide rooms at charges between US$52 to US$216 (VND 1.2-5 million). With the most recent addition, Ho Chi Minh Metropolis will now have a complete of 24 inns serving as paid quarantine amenities.
- Worldwide arrivals who decide to remain at authorities quarantine amenities are required to pay at the least VND 120,000 (US$5) per day as quarantine prices because the current ruling got here into impact on September 1.
- Ho Chi Minh Metropolis is making ready 27 further inns to be designated as paid quarantine amenities for these arriving in Vietnam. Hanoi at present has designated eight inns as paid quarantine amenities.
- The US Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) will open a regional workplace in Hanoi to extend public well being engagement in Southeast Asia and monitor the unfold of the pandemic.
- Vietnam has lifted the necessary 14-day quarantine for international consultants, traders, managers, and diplomats in the event that they enter the nation for lower than 14 days. Nonetheless, they have to adjust to all different well being measures and should comply with their scheduled itinerary. If after 14 days they want to keep in Vietnam, they will achieve this with out quarantining, offered they take a look at destructive for the virus.
- Vietnamese authorities will begin charging a quarantine charge for anybody getting into Vietnam from September 1. Nonetheless, the medical therapy of Vietnamese nationals in case they’re contaminated by the pandemic might be coated by the state price range. Overseas nationals are required to pay for their very own medical therapy.
- A number of three to five-star inns have been supplied as paid isolation zones for international consultants getting into Ho Chi Minh Metropolis underneath particular permission. The authorities have proposed 10 inns embody Le Meridien Saigon, Sheraton, and Norfolk in District 1.
- Vietnam will grant e-visa to residents of 80 nations from July 1, 2020 as per Decision No. 79/NQ-CP. Particulars on the listing of nations will be accessed right here. Whereas it is a optimistic signal, Vietnam’s borders stay closed to international guests because of the pandemic.
- Vietnam’s Immigration Division has introduced that it’ll lengthen momentary residence permits for people who have entered earlier than March 1 till the top of June 30. Foreigners which have entered on visa-free insurance policies, e-visas, or vacationer visas since March 1 will even be entitled to the identical automated extension program till June 30. Vacationers can name the division for help at 0243.9387320.
- The US will give Vietnam an support package deal price US$9.5 million to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Vietnam might miss its goal of getting a million companies this 12 months because of the pandemic inflicting many to close down. Nonetheless, the federal government has issued a monetary help package deal for employers and workers. Particulars will be accessed right here.
- Vietnam ended the social isolation tips on the finish of April 22, although restrictions will proceed in some high-risk areas. Whereas the social isolation tips in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Metropolis have additionally been lifted, some restrictions proceed to stay for bars, golf equipment, spas, theaters, sports activities facilities, and others whereas the gathering of greater than 20 individuals is prohibited. Eating places and eateries that function should adjust to strict tips from native authorities.
- Vietnam’s COVID-19 take a look at kits have handed European requirements and have been granted the CE marking and Certificates of Free Sale (CFS), permitting the take a look at kits to be bought within the European Financial Space, together with the UK.
- Social distancing measures might be loosened in different areas of the nation permitting some industries and companies to renew operations from April 16. However, all localities should nonetheless implement rules on sporting face masks, avoiding mass gatherings, retaining a two-meter distance in social interactions, and observing strict hygiene requirements.
- Face masks and hand sanitizers have been added to a listing of important items coated by the worth stabilization program in Ho Chi Minh Metropolis. Costs of stabilized items are roughly 5 to 10 % decrease than the market worth.
- Vietnam donated 550,000 masks to 5 European nations in its assist for different nations in opposition to the pandemic.
- Vingroup, Vietnam’s giant conglomerate, plans to provide round 55,000 ventilators a month to fight COVID-19.
- Vietnam’s Immigration Division will enable international nationals on visa-free, vacationer visas (together with e-visas) which can be unable to depart the nation, to increase their stays as much as a interval of 30 days by submitting an utility with the authority. The coverage is efficient from March 30 to April 30. Foreigners which have entered for work or different functions can contact their embassies and sponsors for additional steering in accordance with the legislation. A listing of paperwork wanted for extensions will be discovered on the federal government web site right here.
- Vietnam on April 1 applied strict social distancing guidelines nationwide for 15 days to curb the unfold of COVID-19. The measures embody self-isolation and proscribing individuals from leaving houses apart from meals and medicines. The gathering of greater than two individuals can be banned whereas additionally retaining a distance of two meters when exterior.
- In line with the order, home flights have been considerably diminished to only one spherical journey a day between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Metropolis; Hanoi and Da Nang; Ho Chi Minh Metropolis and Da Nang. Passenger trains between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Metropolis are additionally restricted to 2 journeys a day. Public transport companies might be suspended whereas transport from area to area might be minimized apart from important companies.
- Vietnam’s Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on March 30 declared COVID-19 a nationwide pandemic and urged authorities in any respect ranges to deal with efforts to comprise the pandemic.
- The US has earmarked a complete of US$274 million in humanitarian help for 64 nations hit by COVID-19 together with Vietnam, which might obtain US$3 million price of assist.
- Vietnam has banned the gathering of greater than 20 individuals for at the least two weeks from March 28 and quickly shut down companies like therapeutic massage parlors, vacationer websites, and cinemas nationwide. As well as, main cities like Ho Chi Minh Metropolis, Hanoi, Can Tho and Da Nang would want to quickly shut down all service amenities apart from meals, pharmacy, and medical therapy companies.
- Authorities have made it necessary for all vacationers to declare their medical standing on home flights and public transport.
- All Vietnamese carriers have suspended worldwide routes from March 25.
- Samsung’s Galaxy Observe smartphone faces manufacturing delays as a consequence of Vietnam’s restrictions on South Korea. Nonetheless, round 180 Samsung Show workers have been allowed following an settlement with each governments. As well as, Samsung and LG plan to ship 430 engineers to assist operations in Vietnam on chartered flights.
- Vietnam has suspended the entry of all foreigners from March 22 till additional discover to restrict the unfold of COVID-19. The measure won’t apply to diplomats and officers as per authorities authorities.
- Vietnam Airways will droop all worldwide routes in a phased method by March 25 till April 30. VietJet will droop ASEAN routes from March 20.
- Vietnam plans to challenge a number of incentives for companies affected by COVID-19. For extra info on this, learn our article right here.
- In addition, all vacationers from the US, Europe, and ASEAN nations might be required to endure medical checks and a 14-day quarantine when getting into Vietnam.
- Practically 7,000 passengers entered Vietnam airports on March 18. These included largely locals returning to the nation in addition to some foreigners. Vacationers got here from Europe in addition to ASEAN nations.
- Vietnam is about to formally export 7,500 COVID-19 take a look at kits to Ukraine and Finland. Different European nations have additionally proven curiosity.
- As of 12:00 pm on March 15, Vietnam suspended all visas and can deny entry to vacationers from the UK and the 26 Schengen nations; this contains vacationers which have visited or transited by way of these nations up to now 14 days.
- As well as, Vietnam has suspended visa on arrival for all international nationals apart from these on official or diplomatic journeys. Those that at present maintain visas to enter Vietnam might want to endure screenings and could also be quarantined when getting into the nation.
- Well being officers introduced adjustments to mass lockdowns – they’d implement a small-scale lockdown relevant to households within the rapid neighborhood of confirmed sufferers.
- Vietnam has mandated that folks put on face masks at crowded locations resembling airports, bus stations, supermarkets and on public transport.
- The World Well being Group (WHO) on March 11 declared COVID-19 as a pandemic which is an “epidemic occurring worldwide” as per the WHO. To place this in context, the most recent pandemic was declared in 2009 attributable to the H1N1 swine flu.
- Vietnam launched a cell app that can enable all Vietnamese to declare their well being standing. The federal government has urged residents to replace their well being standing on the app.
- The Vietnamese authorities is predicted to unveil a credit score package deal of US$10.8 billion and a fiscal package deal of US$1.3 billion in March for companies affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
- Well being authorities would require all passengers arriving from any nation into Vietnam to fill out well being declaration kinds from March 7.
- Instantaneous noodle demand has surged by 67 % because of the COVID-19 epidemic. This was preceded by mouthwash at 78 % as per a market research by Nielsen Vietnam.
- Vietnam will produce 10,000 COVID-19 take a look at kits day by day after a profitable pilot and approval from the World Well being Group (WHO).
- Ethnic Vietnamese from South Korea and Italy will not be granted visa-free entry from March 8.
- From March 1, all flights from South Korea won’t be allowed to land at Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Metropolis airports, as an alternative they are going to be directed to Van Don (Quang Ninh province) and Can Tho airports for processing and quarantining of passengers.
- Vietnam on February 29 suspended the visa-waiver program for South Korean nationals. As well as, all incoming vacationers from South Korea might be topic to a compulsory 14-day isolation.
- Vietnam Airways and low-cost provider Vietjet will quickly droop all flights to and from South Korea from March 5 and March 7 respectively. Earlier on February 26, Bamboo Airways had suspended all flights to and from South Korea.
- The US Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) on February 27, eliminated Vietnam from the listing of locations susceptible to neighborhood transmission of COVID-19 citing Vietnam’s complete actions in opposition to the epidemic. The CDC will even ship a delegation in March to boost medical cooperation between the US and Vietnam. It additionally plans to determine a CDC regional workplace within the nation.
- Vietnam and China have agreed to reopen additional border crossings to ease restrictions and normalize commerce. A number of border crossings in Quang Ninh, Lai Chau, Lao Cai, Lang Son, and Ha Giang have reopened. Nonetheless, backlogs stay, and different border crossings stay closed.
- Vietnam’s civil aviation authority suspended all flights to mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan on February 1. Nonetheless, the authority lifted the ban for Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan from February 2. Flights to and from mainland China (together with transit) stay suspended.
- The novel coronavirus has been renamed as COVID-19 as per the World Well being Group (WHO). The Co and Vi come from coronavirus, with D which means illness and 19 for 2019.
- The Ministry of Finance (MoF) has introduced a listing of medical provides together with masks, dry hand sanitizers, filters, epidemic forestall fits, amongst others exempt from tax till the epidemic ends.
- Vietnam issued Resolution No.173.QD-TTg declaring coronavirus as an epidemic – in keeping with the World Well being Group’s declaration of the virus as a worldwide well being emergency.
- The federal government has ordered the well being ministry to oversee and early detect contaminated instances, monitor border crossings, airports, and seaports, significantly for passengers coming from affected areas.
- Vietnam stopped issuing visas for Chinese language vacationers on January 30 as a brief measure. Overseas guests who’ve visited mainland China (together with transit) up to now 14 days from arrival will even be denied entry into Vietnam.
- Vietnam’s airports have been ordered to deploy further personnel and coordinate with native well being businesses to deploy physique temperature scanning gear in addition to a screening of passengers.
- Constructing administration of condo buildings in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Metropolis have begun physique temperature checks for individuals getting into the constructing. Ho Chi Minh Metropolis officers have requested constructing authorities to strengthen preventive measures at condo buildings.
Influence and Abstract
Vietnam has at present declared 2,380,695 instances of the coronavirus an infection with 38,521 deaths; nevertheless, now we have considerations that extra instances will come up. Vacationers from epidemic-affected areas will face further checks and screening.
As talked about earlier, 2,126,777 of the sufferers have recovered and have been discharged from hospitals. Nonetheless, Vietnam has quarantined a number of suspected instances of the virus as a precaution. Suspected instances are these folks that have returned from epidemic areas or have had direct contact with returnees from epidemic areas and present signs as per the Ministry of Well being.
The virus’s signs are respiratory and appear to begin with a fever, cough, and shortness of breath regularly. Nonetheless, it may possibly result in pneumonia, acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and demise in critical instances.
Vietnam’s well being ministry has additional acknowledged that the fatality price of the virus is 2 % as in comparison with the 9.6 % of the SARS virus in 2002-2003.
Latest developments point out that vacationers might have already been contaminated however not realized it – the virus seems to have a non-symptomatic 7-14 day incubation interval. Additional border checks and different motion restrictions are attainable given the quickly evolving developments.
Companies working in Vietnam want to organize in case of an escalation of the coronavirus in Vietnam and be prepared for measures taken by the authorities, which can get enforced with little or no discover.
We advocate companies in Vietnam contact their workers to establish the place they’re and talk about any regional or nationwide advisories regarding journey. Employees experiencing any cough or flu-like signs mustn’t return to the workplace or manufacturing facility.
We’re offering updates and advisories regarding ASEAN (in addition to Vietnam) on this text right here.
To arrange for enterprise measures in Vietnam, we advocate studying by way of this text right here, which incorporates advisory for companies working in China, however might also be required ought to an outbreak lengthen to have an effect on companies working in Vietnam.
Whereas journey to Vietnam can proceed, we advocate taking precautions and following recommendation from Vietnam’s Ministry of Well being.
Fundamental precautions one can take to scale back their danger to the coronavirus as suggested by the World Well being Group (WHO) are:
- Wash arms with cleaning soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub;
- Cowl nostril and mouth with tissues or inside elbow when coughing or sneezing;
- Keep away from shut contact with anybody with chilly or flu-like signs;
- Keep away from crowded locations; and
- You probably have a fever, cough and tough respiration search medical consideration.
We are going to proceed to supply updates as they turn out to be out there.
Vietnam Briefing is produced by Dezan Shira & Associates. The agency assists international traders all through Asia from places of work the world over, together with in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh Metropolis, and Da Nang. Readers might write to firstname.lastname@example.org for extra assist on doing enterprise in Vietnam.
We additionally preserve places of work or have alliance companions helping international traders in Indonesia, India, Singapore, The Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Italy, Germany, and the United States, along with practices in Bangladesh and Russia.